Light-O-Rama Forums

Different Versions

captainron19

captainron19 wrote:

If I buy the LOR V2 of software will it play sequences I download that were done in version 1?

Yes; the first time you load the sequence into the editor, it will be converted to the new format. The conversion only occurs on the initial load, after that is will be saved in the S2 format.

It is a one way trip however. There is no provision for saving back to the S1 format. If you wish to keep the original file, you should save the new sequence under a new name or in a different directory to avoid overwriting it. (and/or keep good backups)

A couple little clarifications in addition to what jwilling said:

(1) The conversion doesn't happen on the first load; it happens on the first save.

(2) The advice to make a backup copy of your LOR 1 file is excellent, and strongly recommended. However, when LOR 2 does the conversion, it should also automatically make a backup of the LOR 1 file. For example, if your sequence file is named MySequence.lms, LOR 2 should make a backup of it called MySequence.lms.v1.bak. To get this backup file working in LOR1, you'll have to rename it so that it is a *.lms file again (or *.las for an animation sequence).

However, I want to repeat again that backing up your LOR1 file yourself is an excellent idea.