Light-O-Rama Forums

Chasing Four Colors???????

James Shelby

I see many of you chasing four colors. Red, white, green, then blue. I think this looks really cool but I was wondering, for those who have done this before. I have 244 channels 4 inches apart red, green, white and blue. What does it look like when you chase all the red channels then all the white channels then all the green channels and then all the blue channels. I know how many of you have done this by chasing red, white, green and blue and then start over red, white, green and blue and so on and so on. Which why looks more fluid?

Thanks Jeff,
No, my mega tree is fine. I'm talking about the lights on the ridge (peak), of the house. The four color chase C7 strings. I found 500' of it and would like to put it to use, I don't won't the string to go blinkie blinkie I would like a nice flow left to right or right to left.
Also go to "Rhema Bridge" on "you tube" and you will see me other project. This year the bridge is 244 channels long, I'm looking for a good smooth flow of lights for the 90' length.

Jeff Millard wrote:

R we chatting about a mega? If so, I've found that turning a channel on for a bit, then ramping it down to off... and overlapping so at least three channels are on at a time looks the best in my tree. Say you wanted a medium fast chase (spin) My tree has 12 slices with 5 colors. So I'd turn channel 1 on for 3/10ths and then fade it off for another 3/10ths. (6/10ths total) then I overlap channel 2 starting it 2/10ths after channel 1 starts, then channel 3 2/10ths after 2 and so on. It's a really nice chase effect. When I say it has 12 slices, each slice is 2 strings of lights on a channel.

I found that staggering the red/green and blue/yellow makes it lok like there are more lights than there really are. To make this make more sense, if you're holding a single string in your hand.. the red/green lights are paired up with the next string, and the blue/yellow with the previous string. It's just offsetting them by a slice. It makes for an interesting chase effect if you're spinning the 4 colors offset by 3. (1/4 the tree and make each lit slice a different color... then chase it... the staggered colors makes it seem like they're speeding up and slowing down)

I can't recall who I copied the chase effect from, but it wasn't mine... I'm not that smart or talented...:)

Jeff
Jeff could you send me a copy of the chase effect that you talked about my email is b.melanson@ns.sympatico.ca thank you Blair Melanson

Jeff got it i'll search for the file thank you for sharing your work great example of what Planet Christmas and LOR are all about and as you say lots to do but don't know if i will get it all done

Blair :D