Light-O-Rama Forums

August is over and no DIO?!

Ponddude

Should I start stirring the pot now?

Dan stated on September 1st that the DIO board would ship in less then two weeks...

Well tomorrow, September 14th, and no shipping notice.

VERY Problematic for me!!!!!!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ponddude

• LightORamaDan

• JoelSturman

• Donald Puryear

tomskillman wrote:

Dan,

Are the ServoDogs shipping yet? I'm going to be ordering one (actually someone is ordering one for my birthday next week....hint, hint).

Hi Tom,

ServoDogs are scheduled to start shipping Wednesday Sept 30.

Dan

Jeff that is horrible news...but unfortunately its the 1 major flaw with LOR. I spoke with Dan directly this week and he informed me that the would really be shipping this week. I didn't know where I would be this year, between work and life so I didn't plan HUGE additions to the display. However, what I did plan is based off of servos and inputs...ie the DIO board. It is Wednesday night I didn't receive the shipping notice. Should I not receive it by Friday I HAVE to order from d-Light and cancel my LOR order.

What a shame that so many dedicated people are losing out on their displays because of the broken promises from LOR.

Sorry about the bad news Jeff!!

Taking a year off would be one of those events I would fear. The odds are petty good that I would find it to be a refreshing break that lets me be more energized about it the following year. But I have this fear that it might turn out to be the event that moved me away from one high time cost hobby to a different one, like has happened a few times before.

Ponddude wrote:

Jeff that is horrible news...but unfortunately its the 1 major flaw with LOR. I spoke with Dan directly this week and he informed me that the would really be shipping this week. I didn't know where I would be this year, between work and life so I didn't plan HUGE additions to the display. However, what I did plan is based off of servos and inputs...ie the DIO board. It is Wednesday night I didn't receive the shipping notice. Should I not receive it by Friday I HAVE to order from d-Light and cancel my LOR order.

What a shame that so many dedicated people are losing out on their displays because of the broken promises from LOR.

Sorry about the bad news Jeff!!

First, let me say that if someone is "losing out on there display because of a broken promise" then let me know asap and I will do what ever I can to make things right.

The delayed delivery of the DIO32 has gotten to the point that it is totally unacceptable and the news is still not good. A bad bug has been found in the firmware and we are putting every effort into fixing it prior to shipping.

We will be contacting each person who has ordered the card via email, explaining the situation with the bug (which is related to servo control) and see if they would like to get the card now with a firmware upgrade later to fix the problem.

Dan

I also should say something here as well, as Dan contacted me directly, basically to apologize. My whole show this year was dependent on a 7ft tall animatronic snowman that was going to be the MC of the show. He is controlled via servos. Now rightfully so, I could just purchase the ServoDog, but with all the available options the DIO board offers, it seemed dumb for me not to purchase the DIO board. Now, viewers can push buttons to have him talk back to them. I don't want to bash LOR as I understand what goes into making these types of products. All I ask is that Dan and co. inform the consumer, which is what Dan did a VERY good job of today. I decided to take the board, with the "broken" firmware, that way I can test the input ideas I have. I am sure, with the explanation that Dan gave me, that the firmware will be ready in a week or two.

Funny little story, as most of you probably know, I introduced Blizzard this year. The week before I was about to start shipping the lights I sat down to program all the chips and I couldn't get the firmware into the program. I spent the entire week on the phone with tech support of the chip, of the programmer and anyone who was willing to listen got an earful about the problem. Needless to say it ended up being a broken programmer and things still shipped out on time, but the moral of the story is I can understand firmware issues. Such a little thing that really keeps the whole thing afloat!

:D

Good News...

Monday morning the bug was found... BUT I wanted to make sure that the controller made it through regression testing before I said anything. There is a lot of functionality to be re-tested on the DIO32. We did find one other issue but it was only a discrepancy between the documentation and the firmware. It was corrected.

There are only a couple of minor things remaining to be tested and there is very little chance that they were affected by this change. Everything is working as expected. The testing will be finished tonight...

We will be reprogramming and repackaging the DIO32s tomorrow.

Dan

Bravo Dan!! I knew you guys would work it out quickly!!

Does that mean the boards will be shipping this week?

Time to order more servos!! lol

Ponddude wrote:

Bravo Dan!! I knew you guys would work it out quickly!!

Does that mean the boards will be shipping this week?

Time to order more servos!! lol

Yes they will ship Thursday or Friday...

Dan

Got my shipping notice!!

Now to sit at the front step and wait for the UPS guy to continually give me dirty looks as he delivers more Christmas stuff..HAHA

Thanks LOR!