Light-O-Rama Forums

Adding to the audio file after sequenced

JimCanfield

I am looking to add an intro and outro to my songs that a friend is making for me. I have 5 of the 7 sequences already finished. Am I able to add the audio clips via Audacity to the original auido file and not affect the timings and events of the sequence?

For example, let's say the auido clip is 10 seconds and I add it to the beginning of the original auido file that has been sequenced, making that auido file 10 seconds longer. Will all my events still be in time? Or will they be 10 seconds off?

JimCanfield wrote:

I am looking to add an intro and outro to my songs that a friend is making for me. I have 5 of the 7 sequences already finished. Am I able to add the audio clips via Audacity to the original auido file and not affect the timings and events of the sequence?

For example, let's say the auido clip is 10 seconds and I add it to the beginning of the original auido file that has been sequenced, making that auido file 10 seconds longer. Will all my events still be in time? Or will they be 10 seconds off?
Jim,

You can do that in Audacity but you will have to add the same amount time to the beginning and end of your sequence, then cut an paste your events in the new spot.

Charles

Jim,

What you're wanting to do - at least regarding the intro - is the same thing I did to two sequences last year. At the time, it was definitely a royal pain. What I did was to add the intro (via Audacity) to the existing music file. Then, when next I opened the sequence. the events began much earlier than they were supposed to, so what I had to do was skew each track by the same amount of time as the audio I added to the file. If you're programming with one track, that's not too bad of a job. If you're programming a dozen tracks, like I was last year, that's when it gets to be a royal pain.

I only did this to two sequences - one to explain the song and another was one I wanted the music slam-bam following the intro. If you're okay with a couple seconds between the intro and the song itself, it's a whole heap easier to just make the intro a separate sequence.