Light-O-Rama Forums

Looking for Location of a RGB Color Chart

DaveK

Last season I bookmarked two sites that had very nice light color mixing programs that gave DMX values (0-255) as well as intensity levels (0-100) used to mix RGB custom colors. Those sites are no longer valid. So far this is the only site I can find: http://www.tayloredmktg.com/rgb/ but it isn’t as good as some of the other ones I have seen. Anyone have a better site??

- Dave

No need for anything extra, you can use the intensities in the channel color selector in the sequence editor

Attached files 178936=10202-LOR channel color selector.

TIM IS NOW MY HERO!

However, I do hate you for reading all the little dialog on all the Window’s popup boxes that the rest of us just ignore. This is a wonderful time saving find that will save me a lot of testing.

I will gather my clan around the campfire tonight and extol the glory of TIM in song and dance to be passed down from generation to generation. Your name will be revered for eons. Tonight you can wallow in the knowledge that you have performed a great service and I am forever in your debt.

(Was that a bit over the top? Perhaps a simple THANK YOU would have been sufficient. – Sorry about that.) :P

Thanks again for the tip.

- Dave

That is a good find and a good idea to use the in program color selector. But.... and there always has to be a butt. I guess it will be me for now. How do the numbers for the RGB transfer from 0 to 100 % when using the intensities? Just Curious I haven't ordered a CCR or anything but would still be interested in the information should I decide to go that route.

If you are using a DMX fixture and S2 this isn’t a problem. New versions of S2 now have a DMX INTENSITY tool so you can enter a DMX value (0-255) in cells.

If you multiply the DMX value times 0.392 (which is 100/255) you will get the percentage value. That could be useful if you are trying to combine the light from three (Red-Green-Blue) non DMX bulbs to make a different color.

Either way some trial and error will be necessary to achieve the perfect color mix.

- Dave

Oh ok... I didn't think about DMX. I have not used DMX before so I haven't even seen that part of the software. Funny you did the calculation for that. b/c while you were responding to that I made this excel file that calculates all 1 to 255 into percentages if anyone is interested I am attaching it to this message. But if that is in the software for DMX then I am sure that it will be in there for CCR users also. It was still interesting to think about and I am glad I read this thread.

Lee

Attached files RGB% Calculator.zip

• The topic was locked