Light-O-Rama Forums

wierd problem

gail bell

well i hooked up my second controller.and my first controller was messing up ,like it was shutting down, light was blinking on controller at times,thought it was going bad . seems the the fm transmitter was interferring with theusb485b booster. i shut off transmitter and lights worked perfect,turn it on and lights only worked half the time .so i shut down lor control panel and anything to do with lor , and low and behold the lights was still flickering on the house ,so i shut off trasmitter and lights went off. seems wierd that happen , so i put the usb485b booster on the floor ,away from the transmitter, turned everything on , and it works perfect,light doesn't blink anymore on controller either.hummmmmmm. has anyone ever had this problem? looking for input on this , thanks in advance, gail

Booster probably uses a coil to increase the voltage, xmitter is possibly collapsing the field on the coil.

lucky i thought of the transmitter .was about to get upset thinking my controller went bad , lol. i would of never thought it would of been that.and with the program shut down and the lights on the house still flicking was wierd,then to turn off the xmitter and they would quit .then turn it on and they would flicker again . maybe this will save someone a head ache.i never seen a thread on this. thanks gail