Light-O-Rama Forums

copy and paste sequence question!

Ralph D

I have an older sequence from 3 years ago and i want to take the sequence and timings i have set up in the older sequence and put it in my newer set up. is there a way to do it, i tried just a copy and paste but it changed everything because of the timings set in my newer sequence / grid-setup. so is there anything i can do to take my old sequence / grid layout and put it in the new one but keep the timings for the older one.

PS, on another topic when doing spell check and the word choice box goes above the screen, how does one scroll up or down to get to the word needed.

Thanks,

Ralph.

Did you try copy timings? Then after you paste the timings then go back and copy the events and paste into the new timings? Also, I wonder about exporting the old timings into the new sequence? I am not sure that will work, maybe someone else can shed some light on this.

Hope this works and helps, and if not I aologize and know someone else will get you the correct way.

Jim,

do you mean,

open old one copy timing.

open new one. delete the timings there.

then past the old timings into the new setup?

and thanks for your idea, if anyone has another way as well, let me know.

thank you Jim!

What I would try is this. On your new sequence, in the timing dropdown menu, select new freeform grid. Then copy timings on the old sequence and paste in the new freeform grid. I am thinking that the new freeform grid will work because it has no timings, therefore the paste timings should be as they were.

Your welcome for helping. I will keep an eye on this thread.

well this is what i tried and its an extra pain but it worked. went into the new sequence and deleted the timmings, hightlighted it again and deleted the colored events. then went to the old sequence and copied the timmings and pasted those and then went back and copied the events and pasted thoes. i will try what you just wrote and let you know how that went. my way is usable but takes for ever. not to mention i did this on a difference for a test.

let me know what you think.

thanks......ps qvc christmas in july sale on now! ....its just fun seeing christmas stuff.

Ralph

I tried copying timings from one sequence and pasting it to a new sequence in a freeform grid and it worked. You just will have to make sure that you have the proper times to paste at or it will mess up your timings. Of course I am assuming that you have the most current version of LOR?

If you have the current version of LOR all you need to do is create a new timing grid. Click on the timings bar, click add new freeform grid, name it, and then you have no timings. If you do not have the most current version then you can just select the whole sequence and delete timings.

Yes, I am having fun watching QVC and the race lol.

hey bud, lol i didnt even get your last meassage i pulled out the plug on the laptop and i lost the internet conection till i noticed. i will pm you if your still there