Light-O-Rama Forums

4.32 Firmware

Guest Guest

Guest wbottomley

Dan, with the latest version of firmware out, I'd planned to upgrade my "fleet" of controllers.

But one questions lingers, are they another version coming out later this year.

29 controllers with three different version of boards is difficult upgrading sometimes.

I would wait a while on the firmware upgrades. There should be some additional firmware upgrades later this year.

Dan

I'm not sure if it's a good idea but last year I upgraded my units while they were out in the yard. This made it easy and painless compared to trying to do them one at a time.

• 1 month later...

Do you want to use ramped or dimmed shimmer and twinkle? You need the firmware released in December 2008, or one of the versions from this year.

• 3 weeks later...

TGabriel wrote:

Any word on the firmware upgrade release date for this year?

I have version 4.32 of the firmware on my PC. I'm going to guess it's from the new version of LOR that was released today.

And 4.32 for most platforms appears to have been on my PC since somewhere back in May... I think the question is if we should be expecting a newer firmware version, and if so, when...

Version 4.30 came out last december. 4.32 came out in July with the licensed version of the software, I beleive it was first released with 2.3.4 software.

I did update mine last December with them all set up on the network. This worked nice, but one draw back. I have a few of the green boards and the green and blue boards take different firmware. So you will need to know which you have on what address if you do them when you are all set up.

Any new features that might be added before you upgrade you will not be able to test. I know...that is really obvious. There is another post on the forums where a user could get only some of his controller to do the shimmer/fade or twinkle/fade. He originally did not understand why.

Chuck

I was only able to find 4.30 on the support site and the new controllers that I purchased have 4.40. What's new in 4.40 and where can I get it?

I have read that Dan has already stated there will be more firmware changes on the horizon. The question was asked about the time 2.3.4 was released with firmware 4.32. SO that would have been before your order shipped. Just hang loose.

It is my guess that since the CCR started shipping this week, there will be a software update very soon. This is totally un official, simply my observation.

Chuck

• 4 weeks later...

Dan,
Is there still a firmware update in the works before I start putting out my controllers?

Inquisitive minds want to know!

Thanks,
Jerry:?

I received my new CTB16PC's last week and they all have the 4.40 firmware. So I'm guessing a new release is coming soon.

As for the support site it still shows 4.30 firmware. I guess they haven't updated there site as of yet (Mary @ LOR says shes SWAMPED). If you want 4.32 it was in the latest S2 software download. When you go to browse for firmware while updating your controler it will open the folder where it's located. I believe it's " C/ProgamData/Light-O-Rama/Firmware" ( a hidden folder) at least on Vista.

Darryl

Darryl Lambert wrote:

I received my new CTB16PC's last week and they all have the 4.40 firmware. So I'm guessing a new release is coming soon.

As for the support site it still shows 4.30 firmware. I guess they haven't updated there site as of yet (Mary @ LOR says shes SWAMPED). If you want 4.32 it was in the latest S2 software download. When you go to browse for firmware while updating your controler it will open the folder where it's located. I believe it's " C/ProgamData/Light-O-Rama/Firmware" ( a hidden folder) at least on Vista.

Darryl

Darryl,

The folder you mentioned is where the firmware was stored in LOR1. S2 saves the firmware in C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersApplication DataLight-O-RamaFirmware At least that is where it is on my XP machines.

Chuck

Chuck I'm using Vista on my laptop, which is my show computer, and that 's where I found the firmware. I haven't had a chance to check my desktop ,which is XP.

Thanks for the heads-up. :(

Darryl