Light-O-Rama Forums
Bowshock

I need a Zara Radio Guru to consult

WOW!!

It sounds like this little program can do it all.

I'll have to get testing!

Thanks everyone!!

John,

do you have a script that checks the web site? is it simply text and to you ues a text to voice program to convert it to an audio file?

Greg wrote:

John,

do you have a script that checks the web site? is it simply text and to you ues a text to voice program to convert it to an audio file?

Yes, it is a script and for the weather text to speech I use the voice Kate from Neospeech, and their voice Paul for weather alerts. This file could be used by Zara.

Other events use voices from Acapela, Heather for announcing caller ID info, and Mike for alerts of someone in the driveway or front porch, voices from AT&T (Julia) for event reminders, etc

Now, back to the Zara topic.

Has anyone used an internet stream with Zara from a site that broadcasts music? I've fiddled with it and, of course, it didn't do anything.

Tim

Tim wrote:

Has anyone used an internet stream with Zara from a site that broadcasts music? I've fiddled with it and, of course, it didn't do anything.

Tim

Sure you can. This is how I pull all my newsfeeds. I play 30 second world news headlines and a 5 minute news segment. Try this for your internet stream:

http://208.53.170.180:8392

Bingo! You now have planetchristmas radio in your display!

Michael,

Thank you so much!! It WORKED!!! I wanted some music playing when the show is finished and now I've got it! Thanks again!

Tim

ok got zara, got weather info. where do I go to get scrips and how do I set them up in zara. Its not that easy right now. I am some what computer savy but not on this stuff.

Michael F.

According to Joshua earlier in this thread, he mentioned you had some audio announcement files for time, temperature, and humidity. Are they something you can share? Did you record them yourself or did someone else make them? I have been looking at some Text-To-Speech (TTS) software and services available on the web, trying to decide the best way to tackle this problem. Just wondering how you or anyone else did this in previous years.

The ZaraRadio software seem pretty simple, as I already have it configured to play something I recorded (a single time such as 11 o'clock), I am just not looking forward to doing the recording over-and-over again...to cover all the time, temperature, and humidity possibilities.

Thanks again.

Z

michael,

if you do decide to cut the audio tracks yourself it is not really that bad, you need everything seperate, the numbers 1-11, noon (or 12) and midnight (or 12) and minutes 1 to 59, this is if you are not using military time. Zara reads seperate files for the hours and minutes.

Hi all.

There has been great interest in zara recently. I am working on a web tutorial to cover the miniplus presentation as well as a demo of some of the more advanced configuration options. The requested voice files will be available at that time.

michael.farney wrote:

Hi all.

There has been great interest in zara recently. I am working on a web tutorial to cover the miniplus presentation as well as a demo of some of the more advanced configuration options. The requested voice files will be available at that time.

THANKS!!

I can't wait to see it!! :)

Hi Michael F.,

I have spent a ton of time researching freeware radio station software and my hands-down favorite is ZaraRadio. From the scheduling options and sweepers to support for multiple sound cards, I continue to be amazed that it is free. Granted, Zara has a version 2 available that is for fee, but v1.6.2 seems perfect for this Christmas nut.

It appears that you have some experience with Zara. Have you used it for a while? Did you consider any other options before you settled on Zara?

Thanks again for your commitment to help us with a .ppt file and the voice files.

Z

Michael R. Zlatic wrote:

Hi Michael F.,

I have spent a ton of time researching freeware radio station software and my hands-down favorite is ZaraRadio. From the scheduling options and sweepers to support for multiple sound cards, I continue to be amazed that it is free. Granted, Zara has a version 2 available that is for fee, but v1.6.2 seems perfect for this Christmas nut.

It appears that you have some experience with Zara. Have you used it for a while? Did you consider any other options before you settled on Zara?

Thanks again for your commitment to help us with a .ppt file and the voice files.

Z

I tried out direttore first. I used it for a while, but Zara blew it out of the water. Zara radio is coming up on 3 years for me. I've done it all with Zara from toggling multiple sound cards to batch files enabling/disabling LOR to DTMF. DTMF is by far the best option. A close second is two sound cards (can do seemless audio when configured correctly.) Batch files are not desirable and neither is schedule start/stop.

The tutorial is video based; no PPT needed. You'll have the full miniplus presentation and then some. Give me 2 weeks or so...

good morning, i won't be able to make it to your mini to see your video. we are having one this next weekend in KC if you would like to come, but i would love to have access to your video when you get it finished if possible i wasn't aware of this program untill reading this post and i have downloaded it and have just started playing with it and it looks very interesting. it kind of reminds me of a controller i used to program for my ham repeater with the day and date and time announcements and then scheduling them all. any how Thanks and keep the info comming,

Dale J wrote:

good morning, i won't be able to make it to your mini to see your video. we are having one this next weekend in KC if you would like to come, but i would love to have access to your video when you get it finished if possible i wasn't aware of this program untill reading this post and i have downloaded it and have just started playing with it and it looks very interesting. it kind of reminds me of a controller i used to program for my ham repeater with the day and date and time announcements and then scheduling them all. any how Thanks and keep the info comming,

I did look into your mini a few months ago, but it was too far away to justify the cost. And, I will be in Michigan to check out miniboyink's toys. :)http://forums.planetchristmas.com/showthread.php?t=32746 Now if I could only afford one.....LOL.

Ya no kidding i have trouble just getting more lights, but a laser now that would be real cool

Great news! The Demented Elf is going to make voices public for Zara Radio! So we will have a professional voice for you to download. If you happen to use Kevin for your show or radio announcements, everything will match. Talk about seamless, quality productions!

Kevin has been the voice of my show and radio station now for 3 years now! I'll include a few samples from my radio station so you can hear how nice complete voice solution is.

I'm hoping to get the whole package out sometime in August. Let's give Kevin enough time to make some quality files. There are 360 files for him to record... Be patient.

michael.farney wrote:

Michael R. Zlatic wrote:
The tutorial is video based; no PPT needed.  You'll have the full miniplus presentation and then some.  Give me 2 weeks or so...

Hey Michael...

What's the status of the tutorial?

Thanks for your hard work on this!

Bowshock wrote:

michael.farney wrote:
Michael R. Zlatic wrote:
The tutorial is video based; no PPT needed. You'll have the full miniplus presentation and then some. Give me 2 weeks or so...

Hey Michael...

What's the status of the tutorial?

Thanks for your hard work on this!

50% give or take. The said miniplus presentation (introduction to zara) is done. The final copy of that spun off the computer yesterday. The second video (zara integration to LOR) is taken but not edited. The third video (my setup with all the bells and whistles) is not started. The webpage also has a good start to the text portion. Kevin motored through all the files, so I have those too. I'll probably be close to wrapping up the video portion (30+ minutes) this weekend, and then integration into a web page will begin.

If you have seen any of the other videos on http://LORsequences.com, you'll see these things are very detailed. I'm reorganizing the so called "Sequencing 101" on LORsequences.com, and rebranding it into a new structure which doesn't limit to LOR (and thus supports this tutorial.) So this little project has breathed new life into that project which has been dead for over a year. I am hoping to add a few chapters this year, particularly on a couple subjects like this one that have taken interest lately.

At any rate, end of August is the target.

Micheal,

thanks for taking the time to put this together

greg

michael.farney wrote:

I need a volunteer or two who would be willing to do some proofing on the tutorial. We're nearing completion, folks!

What do you need me to do? I can help.

michael.farney wrote:

I need a volunteer or two who would be willing to do some proofing on the tutorial. We're nearing completion, folks!

I am more than willing to be a ginny pig.

Ryan

michael.farney wrote:

Count me in.

michael.farney wrote:

The request is now closed. PMs sent.