Light-O-Rama Forums

I need a Zara Radio Guru to consult

Bowshock

Interesting, this was the only way I could get it to work, and from what I have read from others, the same thing.

I guess we need the old, your mileage may vary.... disclaimer on this post... lol

Yes, I guess it comes down to the capabilites of the sound car. Interesting that using the same settings as you have, I don't need a loop-back.

Re-bumping this thread because it is SO chock full of information...

Just curious if anyone is doing a news feed through Zara. I'm looking to add one this year and all the ones from 2 years ago don't work anymore and a google search for news clips turns up nothing of significance.

Just wondering...

-=CoasterBP

Yea, I am doing a weather feed (45 seconds) from a local news station. I also noticed that some of the national ones from a couple years ago don't work any more, but since I quickly found the local one, that worked for me better.

As I recall, there was a national weather service feed that supplied weather for the local area of your choice, but as I said, that old link stopped working. Maybe someone here has found a new one.

Notice, I am talking about weather only... not news. It is just a personal opinion of course, but to me, news doesn't fit in the Christmas spirit. I don't want to follow-up or precede a cheerful display with a possible feed about someone killing a bunch of people or some dumb ass politican molesting young kids. Terrible for the kids and audience. I advise against it.

Frankly, I never listen to news anyway because of all the sensationalized blood and guts focus.

Thanks for bumping the thread. It will be interesting to hear if others have found some decent feeds.

Yeah, I'm not looking to do the news feed during the display. Just something when shows aren't running that will break up the non-stop music and time/weather announces.

Yo Kevin... I go for that!
I think you should create some funny Jingles and sell them. Maybe some 15 second updates on Santa's status so people can randomly select them in Zara during the day. There must be some good jokes out there. Anything beats streaming news!

I'll be first to buy.
By the way... another fabulous, perfect job you did on our announcements this year.

I can just hear his slogan now.
"You're listening to the Demented Elf Radio Network. All demented, all the time"
:-)

Might be able to do itlike a podcast. If you can find a good source of podsafe music there wont be any royalty fees. Or you can use a host like live 365 that way for a small fee the provide all the licensing

Use the zip file attached to this posting. It contains two audio files. I created them several years ago and been using them successfully.

As a side note, some people claim they need to have loop around cables in order to get the DTMF to reccognize properly. I don't need such cables and via my experiments a few years ago, it was mostly due to improperly create DTMF tones. Thus, I created these to be the proper length and quality.

Attached files DTMF.zip

Erik, I think I know what your problem is. You are using a "newer" version of the "old" Zara Radio that doesn't have DTMF as an option.

I believe Zara Studio took this option out of the newer "OLD" version because they wanted you to buy the Zara Studio software.... just my opinion.

I'm pretty sure that you can find the "old "old" version of Zara Radio zipped somewhere on the web. Actually, if you look back into this topic a bunch a pages, I believe that someone had the file stored on their website. Check around. I ran into the same problem myself.

-=CoasterBP