Light-O-Rama Forums

How is the CCR going to be shown in the Animation window?

jwilling

Pardon if someone has already posed this one, but was doing a bit of thinking/sequencing/debating this evening and it suddenly struck me.

Just how will the CCR be represented in the Animation Window?

...and as an aside I suppose, how might it be represented in the Holiday Light Designer? (if anyone from that group lurks about)

I have to say, I've found the animation editor quite tedious when trying to layout complex setups, and more so when trying to represent multiple colors in adjacent lines (pixels).

I've found myself more than once wishing the animation editor had a 'constraint' function, to lock movement (drawing) to the horizontal or vertical. Would make laying out adjacent string much easier.

But I drift off topic...

I wouldnt expect too much from Holiday Light Designer. I bought their program 2 months ago. The mega tree function does not work well, and there is no real easy way to build a simple arch.

2 request to their tech support has yet to be answered.

I finally switched to Light Show Pro. Much easier and a lot more functionality.

Just my 2 cents worth.

We will be adding functionality to the animation window to make use of the color ribbon easier. The exact specifics are yet to be determined. We will be adding "native" support of the color ribbon to the Sequence Editor so that coding something with 150 channels is not as difficult as it could be.

Dan

• 1 month later...

So... now a couple of months and a delay or so down the line...

Once again trolling for insight. Might we get any hints/clues/etc. as to how the CCR will be represented in the Sequence editor and Animation window?

I like many I suspect are still working to finish/finalize/start/struggle-thru sequences, and for me at least it is quite the mind bender to attempt to try and sequence anything around the (greatly hoped for) CCR with no actual point of reference.

Trying to work through it on the basic 150 channel model is painful at best (as it would be with any similar device), and attempting to sequence based on the preliminary details on the 'macro' capabilities is a migraine inducing exercise in theoretical visualization! :shock:

Must admit, the 'matrix' editor function in LightShowPro looks quite impressive, though it is far too far down the time stream to consider an editor change... And I would hope what ever comes along in the LOR software would be similar/comparable.

So; yes I suppose this could be considered little more than 'pot stirring', but hey! A little stirring up from time to time is not necessarily a bad thing.

OK I an understand delaying shipping for hardware issues.... But why can't the software update be released now... We are going to need some time with the software before we ever fire up the hardware... Time is running out and Halloween display goes up in about 3 weeks.... I need the software so I can start sequencing. If nothing else let us get the update as a beta release...

Please release the software ahead of the hardware...

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I spoke with Mary from L-O-R on Fri Sept.11. She informed me that the ccr hardware and software will not be ready untill the end of the month! I too was hoping to get the software before that so I could at least get my head around the sequencing/macros. For me it's cutting it a bit close because I start putting up my display usually the first week of October.

Let the panic begin!!:shock:

Darryl Lambert wrote:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I spoke with Mary from L-O-R on Fri Sept.11. She informed me that the ccr hardware and software will not be ready untill the end of the month! I too was hoping to get the software before that so I could at least get my head around the sequencing/macros. For me it's cutting it a bit close because I start putting up my display usually the first week of October.

Let the panic begin!!:shock:

This will probably knock most of us out of using it this year.:X:X

Its hard to imagine the software not being ready.:?

Ponddude wrote:

Typical LOR...lots of promises that never come through in time...

Truly a shame.

i know what you mean. I think they have gotten to big for their britches. i didn't know they were making stuff in china.( that's just what i heard i don't know that for sure.)

Ponddude wrote:

Typical LOR...lots of promises that never come through in time...

Truly a shame.

I came on here looking for some information on this as I'm itching to start sequencing as well, but was holding out for the CCR's. I might just start anyway, and add in the CCR's when the update comes. Normally by this time I have at least one sequence completely done and have started on a second. Feeling way behind.

Yes, it sucks. But is your comment above warranted? Absolutely not. Their innovation is the reason we will even have something this cool to work with. They're bringing new, proprietary products to market. It's not like buying the rights to someone elses product, and slapping on a new label.

Do projects get delayed for unforeseen reasons? All the time, at least in any development environment I've seen. Could you fault them for trying to be honest with release dates? I suppose. Perhaps what they will take away is to tell the public that it will be done 2 months after they expect in case of unforeseen issues. Then just release it early if all goes well. The end result is the same, but it does wonders for the PR.

If you want my opinion in this matter, I'm trying to figure out how this beast will not consume all my sequencing time. Firefly's already consume a lot of my sequencing and that only has 16 channels if you're using aurora. This Thing has 150 channels so sweet mother of god. They better have some genius way to control it or else people will be wasting plenty of time sequencing. I fear that not to many people will have this programmed in sequences this year.

I am hoping that we can program them as a 50 channel RGB light string with macro's channels above 150 doing most of the work.

Neil

• The topic was locked