Light-O-Rama Forums

Tracks synching?

Greg Doughty

Good morning,

Right now I have two tracks...one free form and one .05 grid. I am using the tapper for the freeform, but it doesn't seem to synch up with the track. When I play the sequence and view both tracks, the .05 is spot on, but the free form does not match the taps. Is there a way to synch (true synch) one track over the other?

Thanks

I'm guessing that you did this:

(1) Create a track, with 0.05 second timings.

(2) Duplicated to a second track, with a freeform grid with no timings.

(3) Used the Tapper Wizard on the second track.

If you want the Tapper Wizard to "match" equally spaced timings, I think you should instead try this:

(1) Create a track, with 0.05 second timings.

(2) Click on the "Timings" button (on the toolbar); select "Duplicate to new freeform grid". That will create a new freeform grid with 0.05 second timings.

(3) Select that new freeform grid using the dropdown list next to the "Timings" button.

Side note here: Note that there's no need for a second track. You can create two different timing grids, and switch which one is displayed any time you want, using that dropdown list.

(4) Use the Tapper Wizard, making sure to select the option that says something like "snap to existing timings".

Incidentally, the next version of LOR will include several upgrades to the Tapper Wizard, including making it much easier to work with timing grids (for one thing, you won't have to use a freeform grid, if you don't want to).