Light-O-Rama Forums

Carol odf the Bells question

LENNY RUEL

Some problems.

I have a Carol of the Bells sound file on the computer at home but don't know where I got it from and it doesn't tell me either the way most of my other files are when I scroll over them. I think it might be David Fosters version. If I rememeber I got a 16 channel sequence last year from someone that included the music file but I'm not 100% sure.

The songs starts with 8 notes on bells, da da da dada da da da and ends with a, ding-dong-ding- DONG !! Sounds like mostly women singing.

Anyway I am having a hard time sequencing it. Don't really know why either, block?

If you think it is the Foster version (about 2:30 long or so) does any one have a sequence to share I could take a look at in my editor to see if it works and maybe get it to arrange to my config. I have 64 channels and can trim down or add on if it's with in a controller or two. Not much I can use at LOR sequences. They don't have speakers on my computer here at work so I can't listen to anything. Thanks in advance for any help.

Lenny

That doesn't sound like the foster version. Search youtube for carol of the bells videos and find 1 with the version you have. Post the link and I'm sure someone will come up with the correct artist in a jiffy. And maybe a sequence.

Brian:
After reading up on the song it sounds like Foster's version is purely instrumental?
The only two I found on beemp3 to download that are about that 2:30 in length are Foster's and the Vienna Boys Choir. I'll try your Youtube suggestion but wish I could find the guys info that sent me some of his 16's last year to use which would make it much easier. Maybe on the PC at home in the old e-mails. It's similar to the one on The Santa Clause, but that one is barely a minute long.

Lenny

Is it the version from Home Alone? I can't remember the artist but I have a sequence for that version. If you find a link to a sample lmk and I will see if mine matches.

Cabbage:
I'll have to listen when I get home from work, no speakers here. The Home Alone was by John Williams and is very short also though at 1:25. I'll post what I come up with but hopefully I have the old e-mail on the PC at home from the guy that sent me some 16 channel seq last year. Going to 64 this year and working off a laptop so most of the old stuff is still on the PC. Of course I have a couple dozen Christmas CD's at home with at least 6 versions and none of those sound like it. I think William's version is off the one by that Peter guy that did the one they used for The Santa Clause also. Very short, not that 2 and a half is long but it's a full minute difference.

Lenny

LENNY RUEL wrote:

Thanks again gang. It is Monique Danielle !!

Lenny

I have a sequence of 74 channels using the Monique Danielle song.

PM me with your email address and will send it to you.

Here is my version: