Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR Power Consumption

HowardShank

HowardShank wrote:

How many watts for AC?

How many amps for AC?

The data sheet shows 36 watts @ 12 volt DC The manual states the supplied power supply outputs 3 amps @ 12 volt DC (page 6 - PDF - page 11 printed version) but on page 10 (of the PDF file - page 20 printed out version) is listed as 4 amps @ 12 volt DC

Thanks, but that's the output from the transformer.

What does the transformer draw on the AC side?

HowardShank wrote:

Thanks, but that's the output from the transformer.

What does the transformer draw on the AC side?

I have a switching power supply brick very similar to the picture rated at 12 volts DC at 4.5 amps output. Plugging it into the Kill-O-Watt (under a load on the output ) measured 0.63 amps and 47 watts on the input side.

Maybe this will be "close enough" for planning purposes until approx Sept when we receive our actual units

Excellent!

Thank your for the info.

I'm having a new sub panel installed and wanted to make sure I try to include everything in my design that I have and what's being ordered.

• 4 months later...

FYI, thought I'd thow out my actual numbers I saw.

Last night I put the CCR on the Kill-a-Watt and used Hardware test panel and set RGB all at max for the whole ribbon and I drew 0.5 amps.

I also ran the original (legacy sequence and the most I saw drawn at anytime was 0.47 amps.

Thats good to know.I was wondering about that. I don't own A kill-a-watt and have been to busy to pull out my meter and check.

Darryl

• The topic was locked