Light-O-Rama Forums

My 4th of July Display

Brian Mitchell

Here are some videos of my 4th of July display. The sequences are available over at lorsequences.com in the S2 section.

Here are my videos.

http://imsirius2.multiply.com/video/...l_Emblem_March

http://imsirius2.multiply.com/video/...dependence_Day

http://imsirius2.multiply.com/video/...rs_and_Stripes

Pictures available here

http://imsirius2.multiply.com/photos/album/19/4th_of_July_Display

Attached files 177003=10109-07-04-09 033.jpg

Brian Great work, very nicely done, any hints on how you built the elements of the display, and how many chanels did you use. man i have a hard enough time getting the Christmas show going, once again Great display.

I am really amazed by the new stuff you come up with. So you have to tell where did you get the stars and the tops of the fireworks from? That was cool. Now you got my mind thinking about next 4th of July. I am still working on Christmas. I have to get moving. Great job Brian.

I put the show together in about a month. I spent about 5-6 hours on each song. All the elements are also part of my Christmas display. The star poles are new. I got the idea for those from www.crookschristmas.com and adapted them to my size. My stepfather welded the stars together for me. He wouldn't let me touch the welder. :(

The fireworks are Lightstorms from Action Lighting. I think they have been discontinued since I got them. The bent poles are a couple of my leaping light arches stood up. Its a total of about 4000 lights and 41 channels.

Brian,

I brought this up on my computer at NAS Lemoore today to show your show at our moorning briefing. We all injoyed it. It is much better then "safe and sane" fireworks you can get in California.

Thanks

Brad

Just curious. How much did you pay for the light storm lights?

I did some checking and it does look like they no longer sell the light storm. The same company sells some lights now that are designed to look like a fireworks going off in three different sizes.

I guess you have to call the company or become a member to get the price list on items.

The link to the fireworks display is http://midwaylights.com/fireworks-lights.html

Actually the Light Storms are a neat story. I bought the first purple one when they had them on clearance for $70-80 or so. Shortly after I bought it a section of LEDs stopped working and I called Action Lighting about it and they said they would send me another one but there were no more purples ones and asked if I wanted a multi colored one instead. Of course I said yes. They also said they did not want the broken one back so I kept it since is was mostly working. I was told that once a section goes out there was basically no hope of fixing it. The next year when I took them out for the display the purple one had magically fixed itself.

Yea, LED lights are interesting. I am still trying to figure out if you can fix them. I have one string of LED where the light cover came off and the LED wire on one side is off. I am going to soldier it and see if I can get the string working again.

I am still trying to see if I can purchase a light storm or fireworks light for my 4th of July display. I made a guitar for my 4th of July display with five channels of lights that play to the cords of a song. Programming the channels to the strings actually made the programming easier for me.

You display has given so many new ideas for next year on my 4th of July display. Thanks for sharing.

Excellent guitar. A wooden cutout of Uncle Sam playing it would be cool.

Excellent suggestion! I will have to see about that one.

I have started on my halloween project now though. I have a very large prop 9 foot tall prop that I am now welding together for my Halloween display. Everything I did for the 4th of July was a test for me to see if I could make my Halloween and Christmas Display ideas work for this years plans that I have.

I have a large yard and distance becomes a problem when you do not have wireless connections to your controllers.

Ah, if only the wife would let me have a unlimited credit card usage I could just do it all in one great big display. Oh, well year by year I am getting there.

The only other problem is power. I have decided this year to downsize my inflateable displays. They just take too much power. I will allocate the power I save for more LED light displays now. I have had 12 inflateables going each year and they are the big power hogs of the show so now I am downsizing to 2 inflateables this year for 2009.

• 2 weeks later...

Brian, great setup. Where did you get the song "Independence Day by Bob Rivers". I would like to purchase it but can't seam to find it. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you.

Tom L.

• The topic was locked