Light-O-Rama Forums

opening sequences at work

LENNY RUEL

How come when I go the the LOR sequnce website and try to open sequences, some will open and allow me to look at the channel assignments and intensities and durations and others won't open. I get a blank page. Some of the sequnces I try to look at to see if I can note assignments so I can decide how hard they would be to make work on my configuration. Like how many channels the arches are or mega tree etc. if they have them. For an example Wish Liszt opens fine and I can see the printed information. But, O Holy Night by Martina McBride when I download and click open it puts up a blank page. Thanks in advance.

Lenny

Using Sequence Editor v2.3.6, I see all the info on both songs, both in the editor, and the channel property grid (shown in attachment). What part is blank on yours?

Richard

Attached files 176573=10093-2009-06-30_155550.jpg

They'll open at home on my computer no problem where I have LOR set up. They'll open right to my sequence editor.
Where I have issues is at work when all I'm doing in trying to open them for the channels assignments like I said to mainly see if it's one I can use much of. At worst I'll use the timings and do my own events once I make the decision to use a sequence or not. I do like some of the programming out there and will use some channels though.
But on ones I can open at work I'll get the song name, xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no" ?> - - -
And so on this goes for every channel in the sequence.
This allows me to see what is going on without having LOR in my work computer so I can log this information on break or when we are kicked out of the system for work.
Then IF I decide to use it I can take the different groups of channels and say OK he has 9 different channels of roof lights and I want to use them on my Arches. Or 4 channels of wreathes that I want to use here.
Then once I get home I download it to my Sequence editor, import my Channel config and drop the 48 or 96 or 124 channels to the bottom of my 64. Since I have a map of what I want to use and exactly where I want itto go I can cut and paste to my 64 in an hour IF I where using a downloaded sequence on all 64 of my configuration.
Otherwise I might just use the mega tree with 16 channels and do the rest on my own. Follow? Thanks again. I figure it's how the sequence is compressed but they all for the most look the same. It's just funny how some open and others won't and I get the blank page.
I get the same from some of them on here in the sequence forum as well.

Lenny

Are the ones you can't see possibly LOR 1 files? Going forward, I would expect that both LOR 1 files, and S2 files with lower license levels that encrypt the file to both be sources of files you won't be able to read as text files.

I think the problem is . . .

the Martina song was a LOR 1 file and Wish Listz is LOR II. The format of the file is different. If you don't have the S2 version at work, I'm not sure how you can do it.

If you do have the S2 Sequence Editor, open the LOR 1 file,and save it (I suggest under a different name). Then when you use your text program to see the text type like you just showed, the LOR II version text of that sequence will be what you want.

Maybe you can download all the LOR 1 sequences you are interested in when you are home. Convert them by opening them in the S2 Editor and saving them. Then take all the converted sequences to work (on a flash drive). Good luck.

Richard

(While I was researching the problem, klb came up with the answer, too, but he's been doing this a lot longer than I have.) LOL

You went the distance and verified the issue. I just guessed, and documented things that would be issues.. :D

Thanks much. That makes sense to me. I never though about the encrypting issues vs licensing levels. Just thought it was odd how some would open up in text and some would not.

Lenny

Currently, I don't think you should be seeing any encrypted files. Just the LOR 1 files that are not text files. The comment about encrypted files is mostly a caution that as time goes on, the percentage that are clear text readable may not go up...

I read it somewhere that sequences created while in the demo mode are saved in an encrytped format. For the basis of this thread....LOR1 files are NOT human readable.

Chuck

I double checked the help file, so it is demo and basic that encrypt the config file. So you should not be seeing S2 sequences over 32 channels that are not readable. For some reason, I was thinking it went up another level or two before they were readable.