Light-O-Rama Forums

S2 Version 2.3.4 Released

LightORamaDan

6/16/2009 - The Licensed version of the LOR software (ver 2.3.4) has been released! So what does that mean to you? If you are using version 2.1.6 of the software then that version of software will expire at the end of this month. So if you are an existing owner of the LOR software you should get your free license, upgrade to 2.3.4 and use that free license to register. There will no longer be any expiration dates in the software.

But Houston we have a problem! We found out yesterday (when we asked!) that the Yahoo System only allows us to send out 250 emails per day using the back-end processes we use to send out the licenses. (anti-spam limits) This limit can certainly be a problem during the transition. We are working on a solution with Yahoo.

So for now I am not going to make a big announcement. Things will work (as long as we stay under the 250 limit per day). I highly recommend that you get your license first then upgrade to 2.3.4.

To upgrade and get your license:

Go to the new software page at the store: http://store.lightorama.com/software1.html and on that page you will see two important buttons "Download" and "License Retrieval". Use Download to get your 2.3.4 software. I would save a copy of it on my PC. Then use License Retrieval to get your license. Once you have your license key, install the new version of software. You can then enter the license key at various places such as the Help menu of the Sequence Editor or the Control Panel Menu.

Dan