Light-O-Rama Forums

July 4th Sequences

tbernier

My first attempt at using my new LOR 16 channel system this past Halloween and Christmas was such an overwhelming success at my home (my family and friends LOVED the shows!!), that I'm considering dusting it off yet again to create a July 4th show - especially since I'm hosting a 2 year old's birthday party on that same day.

I've looked at the Flag Kit that WOW Lights sells, but you have to go out and purchase the peg board yourself and assemble it all, so I'm thinking it's not worth the money. Does anyone have experience making their own July 4th light shows, including sequences, light displays (flags, stars, etc.), etc.??

Anyone have any July 4th sequences they'd like to share for a 16 channel unit?

It sounds like you are in the same situation as myself. I did purchase a second controller this spring so I have put a 32 channel show together. However instead of using a flag setup I went for a RED, White, and Blue arch with white lights and strobes inside the arches. I also have been building a guitar to play to the music of the show. The guitar will use a red white and blue lighting system as well. I am also trying to program the lights for a fireworks effect as well.

My only problem at this point is time. There is just so much to program. I am doing it all from scratch and it has been hard deciding what songs to use.

If any of this interest you send me a email. This is a 32 channel program so you would have to make some choices and edit to 16 channels. My guitar uses 5 channels and the white lights inside the 3 arches (1 Red, 1 White, 1 Blue) uses 9 channels.

You can view my songs list at http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/forum74/18939.html

I felt the same. I went and purchased a 4X8 sheet of Melamine (white) 1/8 in thick. Then used Red and Blue Duct Tape for the flag. (using an exacto knife) I cut stars in the blue field. Drilled 50 holes for the white led stars, drilled 100 holes for the blue led field lights, Purchased 125 feet of red led rope light and cut the 7 stripes and mouted on top of the red duct tape stripes. Purchased 125 feet of white rope lite (led white was much to expensive $350.00), cut and mounted to the white stripes (left after the red duct tape stripes). Routed the wires. came out great BUT!

MUCH MUCH MUCH work, (took 7 hours of work) I would have beem much better and cheaper to buy the kit and follow the instrucitions.

I would like the sequences if you don't mind. Thanks. Just learning how, and like to see ideas

djrljr wrote:

I have 4 songs done for a 15 channel flag if you're interested.

Hi, Could I get the sequences too?

I will send a PM

Thanks, Scott

djrljr would you mind sending the sequences to me as well. Have not really done anything for the 4th and was wanting to throw something together. You can send it to twindaddy2003x2 at yahoo. Thanks

djrljr do you think you can send me your sequences to me at jtowbin@ymail.com?

I also have a few of my own. Mine features 30 channels(i think). 15 channels for a flag, 9 for floods, 5 for individual stars, and 1 for a strobe. I would be happy to share it and I will upload a video on youtube in a week.

Wow, I would certainly be interested in both the 15 and the 30 channels. I am starting to work on a 4th display, but most likely will not get it fully ready until next year.

vonnernix (gmail)