Light-O-Rama Forums

arch timing

Mario

Hi Gang, Just got my first LOR kit. Am enjoying building my musical sequences,but have a question. Using the tapper I can put beats into the time line (video editing jargon) which works fine for strings of lights but for my arch sets of lights the on/off timing has to be quicker to give a smooth flow look. If I insert an event shorter that the beats for my arch strings I have to correct the rest of the light settings. Is there a secret way of increasing (or shortening) the arch lights timing without affecting the rest of the composition?? Cheers..:?

Use a track for your arches. By seperating elements of the display into tracks, it makes it easier to work on things.

There are others on here who can give you a better description for this since I am just beginning to use tracks myself, but it gives you a way to use different timing in the track for the arches and then you have the master track with everything in it.

I'm trying to set up my sequences now to use tracks for things like 16 mini trees, 3 arches, and my mega tree in seperate tracks so that I can work on just that element of the display with different timings.

Hope this helps.
You might try searching for info on using tracks as well since there have been quite a few discussions on the subject.

Bill

I second using tracks. Then, in the track for arches, pick the beats you want your arches (or other sweeping element) to happen between, and delete all the timing marks in that track between those beats. Then go back, and use subdivide timings to divide those beats into the number of segments in your arch, or other element you are working with.