Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR In a Parade!

Guest guest

I have been considering the same thing using a 2500 watt power inverter. Does anybody have experience using LOR with a power inverter. It would be limted to about 20 amps, but should be fine with the sequences I would be running. Since it is a parade the battery life is not an issue. The laptop and amp would be powered from a seperate inverter.

That video is GREAT!!!! I wish I had your knowhow. I get some many ideas I could just burst sometimes, I just don't have the knowhows. I wish I could find a list of nighttime Christmas parades in GA. I think there is one over toward Warm Springs, but it is kind of hard to find the dates sometimes. Do you know if there is still a Christmas Lane done by the neighborhood over in Thomaston?

Joel wrote:

Do you know if there is still a Christmas Lane done by the neighborhood over in Thomaston?

Joel,

All these small towns around here have parades at different time, day and night. You could contact the local Chamber of Commerce to find out times and date.

Ok, now we need a video of LOR used in a boat parade!! Should be basically the same set up Daryll used, just a question of space. I don't have a generator, not sure my laptop would work (rather old), and I don't know of any boat parades around here. But at least I have the boat. :]

That is just so awesome! I just sat grinning as I watched and tried to decide if I could do something like that here for our christmas parade. LOL. I think I'll need a few years experience before I try and tackle that. I do have a question though...I liked the music and would like to find a copy of two of the songs to add to my selections. I do not know their names but they were songs 4 and 5 and came right after the Beach Boys Little St Nick. I am not sure if you can help with that but I am sure someone can. :ornament: Thanks for the show. Nickie

• 5 months later...

Hey Darryl, I just found this thread! Anyways, we are planning on doing the same with a light parade in a few weeks. Do you have any technical details? e.g. What size generators you were running? Number of channels? Etc.? Thx!!!

Wayne Kremer wrote:

Hey Darryl, I just found this thread! Anyways, we are planning on doing the same with a light parade in a few weeks. Do you have any technical details? e.g. What size generators you were running? Number of channels? Etc.? Thx!!!

I used three 16 channel controllers. I really don't know what kind of generator to use, but I do know not to use a cheap one. If I was going to do it again I would look for one that would run a little bit cleaner electricity.