Light-O-Rama Forums

LED Light Bar

Coasterfreak128

I have a product similar to that, mine is a flexible strip. These use the 5050 SMD RGB LED (same as the LED's in FireFly). According to the link you posted, these LED lights can be controlled with a DMX 512 controller so they are dimmable. Also these are assembled with 12 Volt common positive and are compatible with LOR's CMB 16 D DC controller. I have one and it works fine with my flexible LED strips.

Many of these LED strips can be cut down to individual circuits and with a CMB 16 D controller, you can have five circuits of RGB LED strips. I have tried that and it works. This should help a little.

lonewolvie wrote:

Many of these LED strips can be cut down to individual circuits and with a CMB 16 D controller, you can have five circuits of RGB LED strips. I have tried that and it works. This should help a little.

The light strips in the original post use a common positive, which is also the case for the CMB16D. It should work fine.

Coasterfreak128 wrote:

yes, but i dont have the money for one, so is there and other way?

You could run a 12 VAC transformer into the input of the left side of a CTB16PC. This would give you half-wave, so it wouldn't be quite as bright, but it would still work.

The CMB16D DC controller is an inexpensive way to control these LED strips if your already using LOR as compared to going to the DMX route. If one were to start by using three channels of this dc controller, more channels of LED strips can easily be added to the unused channels given that they use 12 VDC common positive.

What I meant about five channels of RGB was taking individual RGB LED strips and configuring each one as three LOR channels for a total of 15 LOR channels driving 5 RGB LED strips.

Also the logic side of the CMB16D requires DC current to run it, it runs on 12 volts dc easily and 12VDC power supplies are cheap and easy to get.

no I mean I looked at the cmb6DC controller and I dont have the money (yet; im only 14)...

also would 3 flood lights work, 1 red, 1 green, 1 blue?

Steven wrote:

Coasterfreak128 wrote:
yes, but i dont have the money for one, so is there and other way?

You could run a 12 VAC transformer into the input of the left side of a CTB16PC. This would give you half-wave, so it wouldn't be quite as bright, but it would still work.

This is a little more indepth, but along the same lines

http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=18854&forum_id=76&highlight=rectification

Coasterfreak128 wrote:

no I mean I looked at the cmb6DC controller and I dont have the money (yet; im only 14)...

I know that this was some years ago. But this is spring and summer around the corner. And when I was your age, and could not go to work at Micky D's or anywhere else for that matter. I was cutting peoples grass for cash. And at the end of the season, ask your customers to write a little note to the effect of how satisfied they were with your work. It will help you later with some of your first jobs. Show that you have a proven track record for hard ernest work. So, go cut someone's lawn for cash. See if your folks will match what you make cutting grass (someone elses that is).

Max

what are the rgb floods?

par 38? mr16? more info is needed about them before someone will tell you if they will work.

medium screw base? 120v?

if so - then yes they would work on a ctb16xx board ( granted they do not exceed the power limitations of the control board)

but will they work for what you want to do? I don't know because we have no idea as to what your plan may be, nor can we offer any suggestions.

i have a LOR controller, not the cbm16...

I was wonerding if 3 regular haloigen floods would work, 1 red, 1 ble, 1 green... like a cheap version of a wallwash.