Light-O-Rama Forums

MUSIC/SEQUENCING - START/STOP ???

TWright

Is there a way to start the music/sequence at a specific location and play it to the end instead of having to start at the beginning each time when playing "full sequence" in play range? For example, let's say I'm working on a sequence from the second chorus in a song, to the end of the song. Is there a way to start the play at the location of the second verse instead of playing the whole song from the beginning?

...hope this question makes sense ... :D

Tom

If you go to Play then Play range then to play selection from and to

Hope this helps

You can also use the space bar (while the sequence editor is the active window) to start playing the sequence from the location of the highlighted timing. Pressing the space bar again stops the playback.

Ok, I might not have mastered the Play from or the play to selected. But basicly Dennis was saying that on the menu, select Play, then either play from selected or play to selected. Now click on the selection tool which is the far left arrow in the menu. select a cell at either the begining or end of the seq. and then click on the play button. This works fine for the first time for me. But I can never get it to do it twice.

The other poster elueded to the means of selecting a portion of the seq with the time bar. Take your cusor into the time bar. Click just at the begining of the part you want to play and drag to the right till the end of the section you want to play. This will create a darker gray curtian over the sequence for that part you are interested in. Now tap the space bar and this selected part will play.

Hope that was a bit more helpful.

Max

Thanks a lot for your help. This is one of those "v-8 slap on the forehead" moments ... if I'd only read the "help" files ... well, duh ...

I'll pass it off as a senior moment.

Thank you again,

Tom

Max-Paul wrote:

The other poster elueded to the means of selecting a portion of the seq with the time bar. Take your cusor into the time bar. Click just at the begining of the part you want to play and drag to the right till the end of the section you want to play. This will create a darker gray curtian over the sequence for that part you are interested in. Now tap the space bar and this selected part will play.

Actually, that wasn't what I was "elueding" to at all, but thank you Maxi for trying to straighten out that which needed no straightening. I was alluding to the fact that when you're in the sequence editor you can easily use the spacebar to start (and stop) playback from a specific point in time. If I'm not mistaken, that's what Tom asked.

Actually you are both right in that I was actually, without knowing it, asking both ways. Reading your responses and then following up by reading the help file, gave me the info that I need to do what I want. Remember, if there is anything lower than a "inexperienced newbie", I'm it. If ignorance is bliss, I'm a happy camper! :)

Thanks again,
Tom