Light-O-Rama Forums

d-Light did it...wheres LOR's!!!!

Ponddude

Ponddude wrote:

Dan, I have another question.

I am purchasing all my servos for the DIO card. I plan on using 6.0 volts to power my servos. I think I get how to power the servos, but what about the board?

To use 6.0 volts, I need to apply power to X2 with 6.0 volts. What power needs to go the board? Do I use 120 volts or 12 volts?

I also plan on using the board to have inputs throughout the yard. Will that effect the power going to the board?

You are correct about the 6V into X2... You can power the card with 120vac or 12vdc, which ever is more convenient.

Dan

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ponddude

• LightORamaDan

• thebaronn

• tonyjmartin

Someone have some new about DIO board ??? Halloween coming fast I need that boad to progamme my servos Thank:shock::shock:

You can start programming now...you don't actually need the board. The controller is just broken down into four 8 channel controllers. Just add that into your sequence and away you go. Remember that center is 50%.

Ponddude wrote:

You can start programming now...you don't actually need the board. The controller is just broken down into four 8 channel controllers. Just add that into your sequence and away you go. Remember that center is 50%.

Actually it is 2 - 16 channel controllers. (if you set the unit ID switches to 01 then this controller's first 16 channels (ports A&;) are unit 01, the second 16 channels (ports C&D) are unit 02). The board has servo connections on the board for the "second" 16 channels (ports C&D) but you can kludge connections for the the other 16 channels. 50% is the center point of the servo.

In the near future we will release a version of the S2 software that supports devices with more than 16 channels.

It can be difficult to program servos without knowing the servo position at a particular intensity level. The Servo configuration utility for the DIO32 and the ServoDog is very robust. It will allow you to define virtual settings so that particular intensites will map to the desired position on the Servo.

Dan

LightORamaDan wrote:

The Servo configuration utility for the DIO32 and the ServoDog is very robust. It will allow you to define virtual settings so that particular intensites will map to the desired position on the Servo.

Looks like everybody is on board (pun intended) with addressing the various servo manufacturers' different performance characteristics. Excellent!

• 2 weeks later...

My other hobby is a black hole for dollars - RC Helicopters. Being a newbie here - where would servos be used? I'm picturing one of my heli micro servos - the arm swings maybe +/- 1/4 inch.

What would a servo do?

Steve

Move the eyeballs in a skull? With a longer arm, open/close the jaw of a foam skull. One of the larger ones could rotate or tip the skull.

• 3 weeks later...

LightORamaDan wrote:

I thought I would answer some of the questions in this thread and leak some information earlier than I planned. The DIO32 will be on sale during our summer sale, regular price is $149.95 sale price has not been determined (will be less than $149.95).

Store is showing $149.95. Will it be discounted?

Thats not true...

DIO32-MBRegular price: $149.95Sale price: $134.95

...Click on the "Purchase Info" link to get the sale price.

I already have mine in my cart. Just trying to decide on what else to buy!!

HowardShank wrote:

LightORamaDan wrote:
I thought I would answer some of the questions in this thread and leak some information earlier than I planned. The DIO32 will be on sale during our summer sale, regular price is $149.95 sale price has not been determined (will be less than $149.95).

Store is showing $149.95. Will it be discounted?

That page is a little confusing.. It should have the sale prices out on the "main" page but as Ponddude said they are on sale.

Dan,

Just so you know, the DIO8RLY page actually goes to the DIO16AC page.

Just a little FYI...

Ponddude wrote:

Thats not true...

DIO32-MBRegular price: $149.95Sale price: $134.95

...Click on the "Purchase Info" link to get the sale price.

I already have mine in my cart. Just trying to decide on what else to buy!!

Thank you! Didn't go far enough to that page!

• 1 month later...