• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ponddude

• LightORamaDan

• thebaronn

• tonyjmartin

LightORamaDan wrote:
I have been a bit quiet about new projects. There are a mind boggling number of projects going on at LOR. However because of some missed schedules in the past I have been somewhat hesitant to mention everything that is going on. But in this case I decided to let the cat out of the bag and in the coming months there are going to be a number of cats coming out of that bag! Once we are sure of schedules on a project I will release the information.

Is one of those bagged cats have anything to do with high power led XMAS Floods?

A little info would be welcome.

If they are not going to be avaible this year I may go with the 120 volt 120 led par 38 floods from Minions Web.

http://www.minionsweb.com/osStore/all-purpose-led-spots-120-led-bulb-c-1_4_43_44_75_80.html?osCsid=92ca6e270f9f1a5e168eb9fca3ecc254

They have a pre order sale that ends May 15

Tim Herberger wrote:

[sNIP]Is one of those bagged cats have anything to do with high power led XMAS Floods?
A little info would be welcome.
[sNIP]

Yes there is a LED XMAS Flood project in the works. It is too early to give details.

Edit: This was posted by LightORamaDan not LightORamaMary....

lightoramaMary wrote:

Edit: This was posted by LightORamaDan not LightORamaMary....
Funny...your avatars look exactly the same. rofl.gif

Well you have seen Bob's avatars so you have a pretty good idea what folks at LOR look like! :) ( opps, before I get in trouble I am not including the the LOR ladies: Mary, Sherry, Brittney, Tracy, Toni, Anna and Betty Anne.... Just the LOR guys! )

Dan

LightORamaDan wrote:

Well you have seen Bob's avatars so you have a pretty good idea what folks at LOR look like!

So I imagine that a bad day at the office kinda looks like this:

tonyjmartin wrote:

LightORamaDan wrote:
Well you have seen Bob's avatars so you have a pretty good idea what folks at LOR look like!

So I imagine that a bad day at the office kinda looks like this: [sNIP]

Pretty close! :)

bob wrote:

I do dislike luggage, though.

Wish I could find luggage for $20 now days though!

(loved that commercial back in the day!)

The info leak is great news Dan... I have been waiting, wishing, and hoping ever since the old MCP and triac cards were discontinued... :shock:

Thanks for the heads up! :cool:

Dan,

With the DIO board, will we need the USB485B in order to get interaction to work?

I would expect that since there is currently minimal performance differences between the two USB adapters for triggers, that this will extend to the DIO-32. So I would expect the USB-485 to work just fine.

Why were the MCP cards discontinued? LOR should bring them back as kits for people who would like to design their own lighting interfaces. With all of the LED lights and new lighting technologies coming along, this would be great for some of the hobbyists on this site. These cards would still have some applications in many lighting systems. The newer cards are fine for people who want servo control, but for those who don't need it or just want to control low voltage lights or can build custom daughter controllers for their applications, the MCP cards would do fine. The CMB16D controllers work good for controlling common positive foreign made low voltage lighting devices, the controllers are hard to work with especially with available or custom built common negative low volt lighting devices.

I think they suffered from a couple problems. The processor is not powerful enough for the current communication protocol. You have to check a box to disable a feature if you have one of them on your bus. They also do not allow for flash firmware upgrades. As I understand it, the DIO-32 is the replacement product. You just hear mostly about the servo use, as it is one of the biggest gaps for all the people wanting to do animatronics.

If you have not checked out the preliminary user manual, it is here:

http://www.lightorama.com/Documents/DIO32_Man_Web.pdf

Maybe I can help:MCP cards are like the CTB08 controllers firmware is done with replacing the chip only, also DIO32 is totality Redesigns MCP controllers with four group of eight channel with the total= 32

I have three of MCP cards and been looking forwardly the release of the DIO32 controllers.

lonewolvie wrote:

Why were the MCP cards discontinued? LOR should b ring them back as kits for people who would like to design their own lighting interfaces. With all of the LED lights and new lighting technologies coming along, this would be great for some of the hobbyists on this site. These cards would still have some applications in many lighting systems. The newer cards are fine for people who want servo control, but for those who don't need it or just want to control low voltage lights or can build custom daughter controllers for their applications, the MCP cards would do fine. The CMB16D controllers work good for controlling common positive foreign made low voltage lighting devices, the controllers are hard to work with especially with available or custom built common negative low volt lighting devices.

Ponddude wrote:

Dan,

With the DIO board, will we need the USB485B in order to get interaction to work?

As klb said, the USB485 will work fine. The SC485 will also work but it is a little slower with turn around so it would be the last choice... however all adapters will work.

Dan

lonewolvie wrote:

Why were the MCP cards discontinued? LOR should bring them back as kits for people who would like to design their own lighting interfaces. With all of the LED lights and new lighting technologies coming along, this would be great for some of the hobbyists on this site. These cards would still have some applications in many lighting systems. The newer cards are fine for people who want servo control, but for those who don't need it or just want to control low voltage lights or can build custom daughter controllers for their applications, the MCP cards would do fine. The CMB16D controllers work good for controlling common positive foreign made low voltage lighting devices, the controllers are hard to work with especially with available or custom built common negative low volt lighting devices.

The DIO 32 will replace the MCP... Price per channel with the DIO32 will be about the same as it was with the MCP.

Dan

Dan, I have another question.

I am purchasing all my servos for the DIO card. I plan on using 6.0 volts to power my servos. I think I get how to power the servos, but what about the board?

To use 6.0 volts, I need to apply power to X2 with 6.0 volts. What power needs to go the board? Do I use 120 volts or 12 volts?

I also plan on using the board to have inputs throughout the yard. Will that effect the power going to the board?