Light-O-Rama Forums

Difference between animation and animation sequence??

Gerald Corey

I guess I chose the wrong thing when I assigned my new channels and drew a new animation this year. I used the new Animation sequence option. Now I can't import the channel configuration and animation into a musical sequence. Is there some way I can get the animation into the musical sequence or am I back to square one?

Thanks,

Rosemary

Rosemary,

I have been able to export my channel config/animation from either a musical sequence or an animation sequence. Then import into a new sequence of either.

Remember you have to do the export and then import. It is a 2 step process. Not just an import.

Chuck

I just performed the steps on my animation sequence from last year. The sequence was last edited in 2.1.6. I opened the animation sequence. Then edit/export. I gave it a file name. Then I close the sequence. I then selectect new sequence, and selecte musical, and then the song. The default was only 8 channels. Once I got to the grid. I did edit/import and selected the filename I saved earlier. This added all 160 channels and the animation screen to the new sequence.

Chuck

Not sure what I finally did right, but I have my new animation and channel configurations able to import into the new music sequences. Thank you for your help. Maybe it is just the witching hour!

Rosemary

Still having problems. Here I am again! Began to program today and find that I do have the channel configuration and the new animation picture with all the drawn in displays when I click on view animation, BUT...When I play the song, all I get is the plain picture without any drawings on it so I can't see what is going on!!!! Now what???

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rosemary

Did you put events in the grid?

The animation window will not show the colors when you play the sequence if you do not put events in the grid.

Not really sure what exactly your asking if that is not it.

Chuck

also, what color are your events? If they are black they will not show up ( I learned that one day the hard day after fighting it for an hour). If they are black just change the color to something different

Yes, all the channels have a color assigned to them. ie 16 channels of red for mega tree , 16 channels of green for mega tree, etc. Not sure what's going on. I get a picture with all the assigned colors for mini treee, mega trees, bushes, etc. then I get a plain old picture of the house and yard when I play the music!

Me again! Got the problem solved. I was just zoomed in to an area where there was nothing happening so of course it didn't show. Thanks for your help. Guess I need to practice more frequently! All is working now!

If I had not had you fokes to bounce my problems off of I would have never got off the ground. The more you ask the more you learn, this is the whole primes of the forums and making new friends.