Light-O-Rama Forums

What is the use of duplicate tracks?

pdowns

I'm learning the sequence editor and have a basic question. What is the purpose of duplicating a track? When I duplicate a track and copy timings I get a new identical track. But each channel is "tied" to the original track.

If I toggle a light on or off, it is toggled in both the original and duplicate track. If I change a controller assignment for a channel, it is changed in both the original and duplicate track.

What value is this? I already had the original track! Who needs two?

-----

What I'm trying to accomplish is to add a new track for a mega tree. I don't want to add channels to the original track. I like the way tracks can be hidden. But when I create a new track I don't understand how to copy the timings from my original track. And if I let the beat wizard create timings many of them will be different by .01 to .02 seconds. And by the end of the song it's adding up.

I'm missing something ...

TIA

if you go to original track select all then copy timing

then go to new track click on page and paste timing select 00:00 as starting then paste

will this help

One way I use duplicate tracks is to make a copy where I can delete a range of timings, then subdivide that range how I need, and not mess up the original timings...

-klb- wrote:

One way I use duplicate tracks is to make a copy where I can delete a range of timings, then subdivide that range how I need, and not mess up the original timings...
That what I do also. I have at least 6 tracks in any one song. If I have a mega tree with 16 channels and 14 mini trees, I can start a new track for the mini trees, sub divide the timings to make both start and stop in the same timing mark, works great and looks so much better.