Light-O-Rama Forums

New Enclosures

beeiilll

Well I finally got my first enclosure painted and put together. This one is a 36 x 24 x 8 box with (hopefully obviously) 4 LOR controllers in it for my mini trees. I scored a few of these boxes and a couple of 24 x 24 x 8 ones that should give me enough to house controllers for the next few years at least. out.gif
I have a 4 channel wireless remote to install in it yet to use with the LOR triggers and I will build a set of legs for it that so that I can secure it out in the yard.

Thanks Jeff for the pictures of your enclosures that you did. You got me started on this track for doing mine and I am really happy with this route. Of course the fact that the enclosures that I got were free didn't hurt too much either. smilewinkgrin.gif

Now if I can only get the other 10 or so that I want to build done I will be really happy.

Attached files 178406=10184-enclosure6.jpg

sawyer1206 wrote:

Looks great, have you thought about maybe installing a small under counter flourescent light for those occasional trouble shooting in the dark moments?

Oh yea I have a small flourescent light mounted up in the top behind the 4 power switches that you see there just for that.

I just got the power adapter for the wireless 4 channel remote in yesterday, so I hope to get that installed this weekend. I also see that the rest of the short cat5 cables are due in to me today, so I can get them in as well and this puppy will be all ready to go.

I have the leg set built for it, but I need to get them painted and then I can mount them onto the box as well.

That sir is a beautiful controller box. Love the way you hide what it is with the paint job. And the pan-duct really makes it look professional. Nice clean lines inside.

Do you do this (building control boxes) for a living? And the under the counter light sure is a good idea. Hate having to hold a mini mag in the mouth while trying to work on something in the dark. Hope you do not have to use it.

Thanks Max

Actually I am not really impressed with the one flourescent in there and have been looking for a couple of little LED swing arm lights that I saw on a site.

I will mount them on the sides near the top and then they will be able to swing out and face onto the boards giving me better light to see.
And yes I hope I never need to use them too. :cool:

I just got myself an airbrush setup so I hope to be able to do a better job on the painting for the next one and maybe do some graphics on the outside or else some Christmas designs.
I have built quite a few panels in my time so far. I worked for Eastman Kodak for a few years and for a company building automated test equipment for 5 years before I moved up here.

I really love to build them. It is somewhat of an art form to me and I enjoy it. Plus I like it when people say "WOW, you built that?" and I can stand there and look them in the eye and say "Yes I did".

Bill

• 1 month later...

Maybe, but can you imagine the fun of decorating the plane frame with lights. YEEHAW

People around here know me as pretty eccentric since I get into all sorts of different things to keep my mind busy and life interesting.

I was out in my driveway a few weeks ago and had a high power rocket that I am working on out there set up in a gig so that I could use my lazer transit to shoot the alignment lines for the fins on the motor section. This rocket is 9-1/2" diameter by 14 feet long. A couple of cars slowed down and looked for a bit. One of them just shrugged and drove on. They never are sure what to expect going on around here and I get a kick out of keeping them guessing!

• The topic was locked