Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR and mini trees

Guest guest

I love the mini-trees and my visitors always giggle when they are chasing each other around. This year my display has room for 37 of the cute buggers. Next year I'll probably expand them into the field that houses all my inflatables and static items (a favorite of the tiny tyke's who don't get much out of the sync'd stuff.)

Question guys,

I have a small yard, so what would you consider to be the minimum number of mini trees to have in order to do a good chase sequence? Also, how many LOR channels do you think I'll need. Just planning ahead.

BTW, did you get my Email Marty? If not, thanks again for all your help with sequences this year. Your help has made this first year of LOR alot less stressful than I thought it would be:P

Scott

Well I have 8 mini trees with 700 lights on each, and that makes a GREAT sequence. They are def very easy to make, and easy to put out in the yard. I hope to add to my collection for next year.

:happytree:You can never have too many mini trees. Seriously, we have 12 trees this year with three channels per tree and 900 lights per tree. That makes 36 channel of LOR and a whopping 10800 lights, oh I use the five foot tomato cages and HO HO HO

:happytree::happytree::happytree::happytree::happytree::happytree::happytree::happytree::happytree::happytree::happytree::happytree::happytree::happytree::happytree::happytree::happytree::happytree::happytree::happytree::happytree::happytree::happytree::happytree::happytree::happytree:

I also am using the 4 1/2" - 5 foot tomato cage trees. I have 8 trees with 12 100 light strands per tree (4 colors) giving me 1200 lights per tree. With my setup I can make some sweet chases using a variety of colors.

I cant imagine making 37 of these trees:shock: 8 is enough for me :laughing:

I have 12 of the easel trees that Chuck describes in the How-To section. Each with 300 lights (single Channel). Ihave to admit, they are running off a DLS box .. and I have 6 open channels of LOR left over from the MegaTree (24 for the tree, 1 for the star, and 1 for the "On The Air" sign -- which isnt built yet .. LOL )

I will be losing the DLS box soon. I can't get the chase the way I want it with DLS.

-- Bob

Try some smaller mini trees in the mix, too. This year I put together 32 of them, 20" high. Just right for a single string of 100 ct minis at two channels (clear & multi).

Have them set into two groups on different sides of the yard, 16 ea in an oval pattern. Both groups driven off of the same controllers (32 ch). With that many together, they are really appealing in the chase back& forth, the "wave" effect changing colors, etc. They are definitely faster to produce and they are small enough they can be placed in front of other things and not hide them. I have another 16 that are varying heights / light counts and are in solid colors/multi.

Still going to add more next year after seeing how great these new ones looked added to the display.