Light-O-Rama Forums

Fogger

thebaronn

I used a relay in line with the fogger button it is very easy I plug the fogger power cord in so the unit is always ready and I have a small relay hooked to the push button the power for the relay comes from LOR so when the channel is turned on the fogger exspels the smoke on command al night with no problems. if you want a fast easy way to do it here is a guy that does pertty good work

http://www.hauntmasterproducts.com/remotemod.html

Dale

oohyahla wrote:

Donald Puryear wrote:
You can use a relay to control the fog machine thru the remote control circuit. I included a rough sketch on how to add a relay to your existing remote. the brown wires are the modification.

BRILLIANT! Bow my head to Mr. Puryear for the GENIUStic approach.

That's exactly the answer I was waiting for! Donald, would you be so kind enough to help me do it? Could I send you the remote to my fog machine/snowmaker and do the necessary work?

Otherwise, could you be so kind enough to provide me with a much more detailed sketch to include the model number for the relay and how to do it? Or if I need an electrician to do it for me?

Thanks in advance!

LOL! I had a bad day at work and that made me chuckle.....not a full on laugh, but maybe a snort!

Whoa! That's a barrage of infos you got there! You guys are amazing! Thanks a million! Thanks everybody!

Now, I have another question. What kind of light should I use for my 1 1/2' cone? And, how many should I use? What about the mega tree? I'm thinking about the retro bulbs(pre-ordered at ledholidaylighting.com) for my cones and c6 for my mega tree.

Oh, by the way, who started all this cone thing? What does it represent? A christmas tree? 'Cuz I'm contemplating on putting a small star on top of the cone. The thing is, if it's just a cone, then it might look awkward.

So, thebaronn, your problem is solved... and so is mine, hehehe but I'm still keeping my chauvet fogger.

Again, thanks for the awesomistic solution!

I use a relay called a RIB (relay in a box). These relays operate on 24v ac/dc or 120 v ac. They come in a convenient package. Cost is about $12. I included a pic. I could build them for about $30. I use a completely separate cable so the remote can still be used.

Attached files 171295=9820-54319.jpg

Glyn Holland wrote:

Here is what I use and it works great. I got the info from Master Elf Clyde while at the Texas Christmas lights 2008 workshop in Houston, Tx last year. Here is a link to his website that tells you how to hook up the relay.

http://dearingd.ipower.com/Interfaces.html

Do you have a part number for the relay that you used?

I guess if i go to radio shack and tell them what I want to do they will understand?

Relay controlled by 120V house plug that controlls somthing else?

That looks like the one I used On my foggers I have a small piece of extension cord going to the coil (The 2 prongs facing different then the rest) and have that plugged in to LOR. The fogger cord is plugged in to the wall the other end of the relay post 1 and 2 (I believe) are going to the fogger button. The fogger gets all its power from the wall and all the relay does is short the push button on the remote to trigger the fog I lost the directions I had for it but it was easy to do once I did one.

Dale L

• The topic was locked