Jump to content
Light-O-Rama Forums
Sign in to follow this  
eldoradoboy

Will there be a Mega LOR sale?

Recommended Posts

rwertz wrote:

DaveK wrote:
I still have (and use) a Heathkit VOM!

(I think I just dated myself)


I have a Heathkit oscilloscope. I got it out last Halloween with intent to display a lissajous pattern. But the high voltage supply took a dump. I think it’s time to retire it.

You use a Heathkit O-scope as a Halloween decoration? That's funny :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

eldoradoboy wrote:

the software is the BEST part of the LOR system - such a Joy to sequence on compared to the AL software i used to use
-Christopher

I most differently agree 100% with you on this. I received my 1st LOR 16 channel from WOWlights Today, and I have the software in place and up graded it.

I ordered another 16 channel controller from the Light O Rama web store and it is now on its way to me and Dan at Light O Rama has been great at customer service.

He said he would send the controller USPS and he did....I save money that way...about $5.00 over UPS for the same time frame.

I hope I get a chance to buy in the February sale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lightzilla wrote:

He said he would send the controller USPS and he did....I save money that way...about $5.00 over UPS for the same time frame.

I hope I get a chance to buy in the February sale.



I live in Hawaii, and he was one of the only ones to offer USPS to Hawaii. I saved over $20 just in shipping through the USPS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That was a good savings.

I will need to pay about $20.00 extra when it gets here do to Canada customs, but still I saved money over UPS.

The $5.00 was a guest...but I did save.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lightzilla wrote:

That was a good savings.

I will need to pay about $20.00 extra when it gets here do to Canada customs, but still I saved money over UPS.

The $5.00 was a guest...but I did save.

Don't you just hate it when stuff arrives at your house via UPS. Man those guys rip you off bad when ordering things from the USA. I always try and get stuff shipped USPS. Saves bigtime!!!!

-Evan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I rarely do business with people if they do not ship via USPS Priority. In the rare case, I had to have Action Lighting and CDI ship UPS because there was no other choice and I NEEDED the wire to setup my display. You didn't see a thread I created on businesses/people not being able to ship USPS? Most people on this board said they wouldn't ship via USPS, only thru FedEx or UPS, and they had their reasons.



NWSanta wrote:


Don't you just hate it when stuff arrives at your house via UPS. Man those guys rip you off bad when ordering things from the USA. I always try and get stuff shipped USPS. Saves bigtime!!!!

-Evan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NWSanta wrote:

Don't you just hate it when stuff arrives at your house via UPS. Man those guys rip you off bad when ordering things from the USA. I always try and get stuff shipped USPS. Saves big time!!!!

-Evan

UPS is O K, but I can save money by getting my stuff ship USPS.

Anyhow NW Santa your house looked great (you did show your house on Christmaslights.ca) didn't you?

I bailed out of AL controllers and jumped into LOR. Now John and I can share our sequences and help each other out. The LOR V2 software is unbelievably good, way better than AL's AD. The only regret last year was not going with my hearts 1st choice LOR, now here I am starting over again....O well, I am on the right track now.

As for the February sale, well I am between a rock and a hard place, I need to buy 1 controller at a time NOW while there is some money. Now by June I may already have the controllers I need and end up missing all the sales.

Thats the way it is for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lightzilla wrote:

As for the February sale, well I am between a rock and a hard place, I need to buy 1 controller at a time NOW while there is some money. Now by June I may already have the controllers I need and end up missing all the sales.

How about opening a PayPal account and sticking the money there when you have it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I noticed a new graphic at the top of the board. Can't wait ... Hope I get something. May have to get up extra early with the whole time zone thing difference.... Any one know what time the sale starts ? Eastern or Pacific time?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Steven wrote:


How about opening a PayPal account and sticking the money there when you have it?

Yes I am thinking about that. I am thinking of opening a new bank account at a different bank and use it strickly for PayPal and online shopping.

Anyhow my controllers are coming in now, between tradeing off my AL controllers for LOR controllers and other LOR stuff.....well I am up to 48 channels of LOR, with another one on the way plus 1 more coming in a trade......I should have 80 channels in two week......if that happens then I only need to buy two more controllers for the 112 channels I need for my 2009 display.

But yes I will get going on the PayPal thing again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know that you would need to open a new account for use with paypal, unless you just want that extra layer of control and safety.

Paypal can hold a balance and actually pays interest on that balance, like a savings account would. There is also a money market option.

In my case, paypal pays more interest than my normal checking account does. I didn't have to add a new account ... just transfer money into PAYPAL and its there earning interest. When you want it back in your regular checking or savings, you can transfer it back, but it takes a few days to happen. Its ACH either way and probably can be done with other ways as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

taybrynn wrote:

I don't know that you would need to open a new account for use with paypal, unless you just want that extra layer of control and safety.

Paypal can hold a balance and actually pays interest on that balance, like a savings account would. There is also a money market option.

In my case, paypal pays more interest than my normal checking account does. I didn't have to add a new account ... just transfer money into PAYPAL and its there earning interest. When you want it back in your regular checking or savings, you can transfer it back, but it takes a few days to happen. Its ACH either way and probably can be done with other ways as well.


I was on PayPal with my credit card, but I was limited to the amount I could spend....after 1 purchase. They needed my back account info as well....being the fellow I am....that thought scared me a bit.....so I dropped PayPal.

But after talking to a few other Canadians they said open a separate back account and just have $20.00 or something like that in the account and use your Credit card for purchases.

But perhaps I should look at a PayPal bank account.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh I wish the sale would hurry hup - i need to know how many channels i can buy!!! lol:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ukoberon wrote:

Oh I wish the sale would hurry hup - i need to know how many channels i can buy!!! lol:D

I know! it's taking ages ;)

I'm getting nervous, there are going to be a lot of people this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LightEnthusiast wrote:

ukoberon wrote:
Oh I wish the sale would hurry hup - i need to know how many channels i can buy!!! lol:D

I know! it's taking ages ;)

I'm getting nervous, there are going to be a lot of people this year.

Remember this is the February sale.....limited supplies. The June sale from what I read is when you can buy all the controllers you want. Feb sale may be a bit better in price.

All I need is 3 more controllers/ or 1 PC controller and 1 PC board/wires and 1 Showtime board with wires.......and they may not even be on sale.....but I will wait.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing to keep in mind ... is that all new products and features will be out in June ... so at this sale, your just buying last years leftovers at a good price, but only slightly less than in June. I believe there will be some awesome things in June and unlimited quantities for everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

taybrynn wrote:

I believe there will be some awesome things in June and unlimited quantities for everyone.

What do you thing will be some of the awesome things that may be out in June? Are we talking new product?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am still hoping for the DIO32 to be released but Iam hoping for sooner than that so I can start programming it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

jstein wrote:

I am still hoping for the DIO32 to be released but Iam hoping for sooner than that so I can start programming it.


What is this DIO32? I don't get around much on forums, so I am not up toi date on things.

I am wondering about the LPS software which is do to be released in March/09.....some fill it is not a bad product....not as good as LOR S2 ....but it is good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Less then one week away and still no set time.....I can't stand this.....I am going to go mad!!!!!! just kidding, but seriuosly, is there any hints as to when the sale will begin?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I read some of last years posts and it was to start sometime between 1:00pm & 2:00pm eastern last February, so maybe this year too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That'd be good cause I'm out in PST land so Hopefully I won't have to get up at the crack of dawn to get anything that's left over...
:D :D
Evan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...