Light-O-Rama Forums

Will there be a Mega LOR sale?

eldoradoboy

I don't know that you would need to open a new account for use with paypal, unless you just want that extra layer of control and safety.

Paypal can hold a balance and actually pays interest on that balance, like a savings account would. There is also a money market option.

In my case, paypal pays more interest than my normal checking account does. I didn't have to add a new account ... just transfer money into PAYPAL and its there earning interest. When you want it back in your regular checking or savings, you can transfer it back, but it takes a few days to happen. Its ACH either way and probably can be done with other ways as well.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lightzilla

• LightORamaDan

• taybrynn

• eldoradoboy

taybrynn wrote:

I don't know that you would need to open a new account for use with paypal, unless you just want that extra layer of control and safety.

Paypal can hold a balance and actually pays interest on that balance, like a savings account would. There is also a money market option.

In my case, paypal pays more interest than my normal checking account does. I didn't have to add a new account ... just transfer money into PAYPAL and its there earning interest. When you want it back in your regular checking or savings, you can transfer it back, but it takes a few days to happen. Its ACH either way and probably can be done with other ways as well.

I was on PayPal with my credit card, but I was limited to the amount I could spend....after 1 purchase. They needed my back account info as well....being the fellow I am....that thought scared me a bit.....so I dropped PayPal.

But after talking to a few other Canadians they said open a separate back account and just have $20.00 or something like that in the account and use your Credit card for purchases.

But perhaps I should look at a PayPal bank account.

ukoberon wrote:

Oh I wish the sale would hurry hup - i need to know how many channels i can buy!!! lol:D

I know! it's taking ages ;)

I'm getting nervous, there are going to be a lot of people this year.

LightEnthusiast wrote:

ukoberon wrote:
Oh I wish the sale would hurry hup - i need to know how many channels i can buy!!! lol:D

I know! it's taking ages ;)

I'm getting nervous, there are going to be a lot of people this year.

Remember this is the February sale.....limited supplies. The June sale from what I read is when you can buy all the controllers you want. Feb sale may be a bit better in price.

All I need is 3 more controllers/ or 1 PC controller and 1 PC board/wires and 1 Showtime board with wires.......and they may not even be on sale.....but I will wait.

One thing to keep in mind ... is that all new products and features will be out in June ... so at this sale, your just buying last years leftovers at a good price, but only slightly less than in June. I believe there will be some awesome things in June and unlimited quantities for everyone.

taybrynn wrote:

I believe there will be some awesome things in June and unlimited quantities for everyone.

What do you thing will be some of the awesome things that may be out in June? Are we talking new product?

jstein wrote:

I am still hoping for the DIO32 to be released but Iam hoping for sooner than that so I can start programming it.

What is this DIO32? I don't get around much on forums, so I am not up toi date on things.

I am wondering about the LPS software which is do to be released in March/09.....some fill it is not a bad product....not as good as LOR S2 ....but it is good.

I read some of last years posts and it was to start sometime between 1:00pm & 2:00pm eastern last February, so maybe this year too.

That'd be good cause I'm out in PST land so Hopefully I won't have to get up at the crack of dawn to get anything that's left over...
:D :D
Evan

Clearly, this years sale will be a better secret than last years was. Because at this point, we knew what would be on sale and and the prices ... and the only thing kept secret till the end was what the "limited quantities" would be.

Since we are purely speculating at this point, maybe he will sell one item per day? Maybe he sells part on the 21st and part on the 28th? Maybe its not on either day, but tomorrow instead?

I still think the June sale is probably the wiser time to purchase product from LOR, since new products are always possible.

Your just trying to deflect us aren't you? You can't have it all....ha ha ha....

Have to see how it pans out i guess....
-Evan

NWSanta wrote:

Your just trying to deflect us aren't you? You can't have it all....ha ha ha....

Have to see how it pans out i guess....
-Evan

You need to work today in BC? Here we are enjoying Family day, a paid Alberta holiday for a number of folks, while the rest of Canada works....how sweet it is.

I agree the sale in June is better.......(as far as unlimited sales and new stuff).....but I check each day to see if the Feb. sale has started......I will be content to get just 3 PC controllers in the Feb sale.... I need 7 controllers for my 1st year as a LOR user....number 4 & 5 are in the mail and on there way to my house.

So I hope to get 3 in this sale....if not O well I will still have 7 controllers......number 8 is for a fellow in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan and he would be better off getting the controller sooner than later trust me on that one.

It is a gift so he does not know he is even getting a controller or the software......unless he figures it out on the www.Christmaslights.ca forum.

All you LOR users will be happy to learn that my 3 AL controllers are gone....that is why I have 3 LOR controllers and a mimiMP3 player/Director