Light-O-Rama Forums

Will there be a Mega LOR sale?

eldoradoboy

Jeff Millard wrote:

garyfunk wrote:
And I want him to adopt me. :)
My brother! :)

from another mother!

@tyler: I understand what you mean. For me, I know I need at least 5 more before Christmas. If the sale comes before July, I'll get what I can. Then later this year, I add more units as I can. The units are priced pretty low as they are, though I'd love to seem them lower.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lightzilla

• LightORamaDan

• taybrynn

• eldoradoboy

eldoradoboy wrote:

I never consider it being ripped off to pay full price for something.. esp when its an advertised price and not an item considered neogtiable.. however my main reason for starting this thread was because I am curious about feb. sale like there was last year... if there is no sale will I still add to my collection of controllers? sure I will.. but im like anyone else if I can get it on sale I will..

seeing as how in 2007 my work schedule nearly prevented me from running a light show but I pulled it off.. and in 2008 my work schedule did prevent me from run ning al ight show im looking at putting all the parts,m sequences, designs etc together Now.. as the second half of 2009 is already shaping up to be very busy.. and so I best have my light show ready to hang by end of may or its not going to happen ..as come november it will be a week at most to instal and test and no time to sequence anything... so yes im starting early and asking abut sales early so I can get crackin...
but im not feeling ripped off if I end up paying full price for my equipment...

-Christopher

I don't consider paying full price being ripped off either. I just meant that I would have felt ripped off if someone would have lied to me. I know that Dan would never do that, I am very happy that I will eventually use light-o-rama. I am by no extent saying that Light-O-Rama's prices are too expensive. Heck, I could get 2 CTB16PC boards with an enclosure on each for about the price of 1 Animated lighting controller that is mostly comparable (AL has 40 amps, LOR has 30, no big deal, considering that with 2 boards you have 60 amps.)

Thanks,

Tyler

Which sale is cheaper? February or the summer sale?

I want to buy more PC units.

And yes, I do love Dan's customer service. He is by far the best to deal with out there! He shows the Aloha spirit without even being in Hawaii!

Much mahalos,

Stan

stanward wrote:

And yes, I do love Dan's customer service. He is by far the best to deal with out there! He shows the Aloha spirit without even being in Hawaii!

Much mahalos,

Stan

Last year the Feb sale had slightly lower prices (a buck or two) as compared to the Summer Sale. The intention of the Feb sale is to clear out product prior to the end of the business year. To that end, it has limited quantities on a limited selection and no rain checks.

Last year, because of the limited quantities, we did not send out an email announcement and that caused a number of complaints. We did not announce the sale because we understood that if we did send out an email announcement, we would be sold out in minutes (if the website survived the traffic!) and we would have a larger number of unhappy folks.

I am not sure what we will do this year, (email or not)... but we will keep the forums up to date as to sale dates.

The Summer Sale has unlimited quantities.

Dan

the website barely survived the traffic.. i remember having to submit my order a few times before it actually took, and each time I submitted i saw the inventory of controllers going down and down quickly.... was glad my final click made it through...
-Christopher

LightORamaDan wrote:

stanward wrote:

Much mahalos,

Stan

Last year the Feb sale had slightly lower prices (a buck or two) as compared to the Summer Sale. The intention of the Feb sale is to clear out product prior to the end of the business year. To that end, it has limited quantities on a limited selection and no rain checks.

Last year, because of the limited quantities, we did not send out an email announcement and that caused a number of complaints. We did not announce the sale because we understood that if we did send out an email announcement, we would be sold out in minutes (if the website survived the traffic!) and we would have a larger number of unhappy folks.

I am not sure what we will do this year, (email or not)... but we will keep the forums up to date as to sale dates.

The Summer Sale has unlimited quantities.

Dan

Just a suggestion, Dan.

Put a sign on the website and leave it at that. With limited quanties, it seems the most fair thing to do.

garyfunk wrote:

tyler9613 wrote:
taybrynn wrote:
The reasons for buying LOR (for me) mainly circle around Dan and his customer-friendly policies, combined with excellent products and excellent support. Dan is honest and someone I WANT to do business with.
You are completely right and that is what I was trying to say in my post about how he could have ripped me off, but he chose not to because of his honesty.

Tyler:P

My only problem with that is that you cnosider it 'ripping you off' when you pay non-sale price. Geez, should I feel ripped off that I paid the normal price for the units I own?

Hi Gary,

Tyler had emailed me specifically looking for info on any upcoming sales. I think he was happy to see a company that was willing to give you a heads up to an upcoming sale... I just hate it when I get something and then weeks later it goes on sale (especially if I didn't really need it until it went on sale). I would have felt ripped off if I was misled.

The Feb sale will be the 21st or the 28th this year. (most likely the 21st)

Dan

LightORamaDan wrote:

Hi Gary,

Tyler had emailed me specifically looking for info on any upcoming sales. I think he was happy to see a company that was willing to give you a heads up to an upcoming sale... I just hate it when I get something and then weeks later it goes on sale (especially if I didn't really need it until it went on sale). I would have felt ripped off if I was misled.

The Feb sale will be the 21st or the 28th this year. (most likely the 21st)

Dan

HI Dan,

We aren't used to being treated so well by a company. The only other company I have dealt with lately with great customer service is universal-devices.com. Your pricing is already fair and your support is darn near perfect. I look forward to crashing your server on the 21st (grin).

How 'bout?

Any products sold to members from now till the sale will

get the difference in sale price as a store credit.

item xxx $99.99

sale price $89.99

store credit $10.00 for future use

I obviously like the idea

Thanks for your time

Frank A.:)

LightORamaDan wrote:

garyfunk wrote:
tyler9613 wrote:
I emailed Dan about this and this was his reply:

Hi Tyler, We will have a sale this year. Perhaps one in Feb and for sure one in early summer. Best regards, Dan Light O Rama, Inc.

I love how honest he is. He could have tricked me and I would have bought the controller now for full price.

-tyler

You still might. The item you want might not be in the sale.

During the summer sale every controler (AC or DC), kit, adapter ... is on sale. The only significant thing that will not be on sale is the software.

Dan

Ok what about the kits? Will they be on sale also?

Frank Rossi wrote:

LightORamaDan wrote:
garyfunk wrote:
tyler9613 wrote:
I emailed Dan about this and this was his reply:

Hi Tyler, We will have a sale this year. Perhaps one in Feb and for sure one in early summer. Best regards, Dan Light O Rama, Inc.

I love how honest he is. He could have tricked me and I would have bought the controller now for full price.

-tyler

You still might. The item you want might not be in the sale.

During the summer sale every controler (AC or DC), kit, adapter ... is on sale. The only significant thing that will not be on sale is the software.

Dan

Ok what about the kits? Will they be on sale also?

I emailed him about the Planet Christmas DIY Kits and he said that they would be on sale.

I cant wait. Man just to get my first controllers right at tax time. YES. That way I have awhile to put them together. I am excited.

Definition of a great company is not necessarily having a perfect product (because nothing is perfect) but how the company deals with customer service and negative issues.

Light-O-Rama is an example of how a company should be.

I had some issues with getting my maiden voyage light show going this year and upon emailing LOR support Dan himself helped get me on track right away.

Last years end of year sale was where I got going. The problem was I ended up ordering triple the controllers I originally planned on:)

I hope the adapters and the repeaters are included. Hint hint hint;)

going to try a new topology to resolve the issues of this past show

LightORamaDan wrote:

No wonder I didn't hear about it! I was not on this forum until June but I was on the mailing list. Now I guess I am in insider?

FYI This forum is a lot more fun than some Halloween ones I have been on.

Dan, thanks. I'm another loyal customer that was sold on your product and customer service. I wish I could take part, but I'm saving my money for a better FM transmitter and some LED's. Next year, I plan on buy a couple of more controllers if we, your loyal customers, have a chance to partake in another February inventory sale.