• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lightzilla

• LightORamaDan

• taybrynn

• eldoradoboy

Last years 'Winter' sale was an inventory reduction sale. It was only based on in stock merchandise. It does not sound like another sale is coming but who knows.

I am sure Dan has read the chatter both here and PC about this sale but has confirmed either way.

Ok.. I wasnt sure what the sale was... I formerly used AL products and when I got frustrated with their software crashing every 5 minutes.. then seeing a friend sequence on LOR-II.. that sale came along about the same time and I got in.. I thought maybe it was an annual event.. .the mere fact I was getting controllers at 1/2 the Price AL charged me for them was intruiging enough in and of itself to make the switch...

now if I can just stay in town this coming christmas season i can use all the stuff I got last year and plan to add for 09... hehe
-Christopher

I emailed Dan about this and this was his reply:

Hi Tyler, We will have a sale this year. Perhaps one in Feb and for sure one in early summer. Best regards, Dan Light O Rama, Inc.

I love how honest he is. He could have tricked me and I would have bought the controller now for full price.

-tyler

tyler9613 wrote:

Hi Tyler, We will have a sale this year. Perhaps one in Feb and for sure one in early summer. Best regards, Dan Light O Rama, Inc.

I love how honest he is. He could have tricked me and I would have bought the controller now for full price.

-tyler

You still might. The item you want might not be in the sale.

garyfunk wrote:

tyler9613 wrote:

-tyler

You still might. The item you want might not be in the sale.

During the summer sale every controler (AC or DC), kit, adapter ... is on sale. The only significant thing that will not be on sale is the software.

Dan

eldoradoboy wrote:

the software is the BEST part of the LOR system - such a Joy to sequence on compared to the AL software i used to use
-Christopher

Yes. I should buy one or two more copies just to have spares.

garyfunk wrote:

eldoradoboy wrote:
the software is the BEST part of the LOR system - such a Joy to sequence on compared to the AL software i used to use
-Christopher

Yes. I should buy one or two more copies just to have spares.

WOW.... I like the way this thread is going;)

Dan

how do I know if I have my license? I bought a license in one of the sales last year but never got any notification of license number or if im registered or such?
-Christopher

The reasons for buying LOR (for me) mainly circle around Dan and his customer-friendly policies, combined with excellent products and excellent support. Dan is honest and someone I WANT to do business with.

taybrynn wrote:

The reasons for buying LOR (for me) mainly circle around Dan and his customer-friendly policies, combined with excellent products and excellent support. Dan is honest and someone I WANT to do business with.

And I want him to adopt me. :)

taybrynn wrote:

You are completely right and that is what I was trying to say in my post about how he could have ripped me off, but he chose not to because of his honesty.

Tyler:P

tyler9613 wrote:

taybrynn wrote:
You are completely right and that is what I was trying to say in my post about how he could have ripped me off, but he chose not to because of his honesty.

My only problem with that is that you cnosider it 'ripping you off' when you pay non-sale price. Geez, should I feel ripped off that I paid the normal price for the units I own?

garyfunk wrote:

tyler9613 wrote:
taybrynn wrote:

My only problem with that is that you cnosider it 'ripping you off' when you pay non-sale price. Geez, should I feel ripped off that I paid the normal price for the units I own?
That's not what I meant. I meant that he could have made me pay full price when there was going to be a sale. But he chose not to. I think that the controllers are a very fair price, even without a sale. They beat animated lighting by a landslide. I guess if you need instant gratification, paying the full price is worth it. But now that I know I can wait, I will.

Tyler

I never consider it being ripped off to pay full price for something.. esp when its an advertised price and not an item considered neogtiable.. however my main reason for starting this thread was because I am curious about feb. sale like there was last year... if there is no sale will I still add to my collection of controllers? sure I will.. but im like anyone else if I can get it on sale I will..

seeing as how in 2007 my work schedule nearly prevented me from running a light show but I pulled it off.. and in 2008 my work schedule did prevent me from run ning al ight show im looking at putting all the parts,m sequences, designs etc together Now.. as the second half of 2009 is already shaping up to be very busy.. and so I best have my light show ready to hang by end of may or its not going to happen ..as come november it will be a week at most to instal and test and no time to sequence anything... so yes im starting early and asking abut sales early so I can get crackin...
but im not feeling ripped off if I end up paying full price for my equipment...

-Christopher