Light-O-Rama Forums
Sign in to follow this  
eldoradoboy

Will there be a Mega LOR sale?

Last year in february Dan had a Mega LOR sale which was quite awesome indeed.. will there be such a sale again this winter?
-Christopher

I hope so I need another 128 add on package. I am going from 176 to 336 channels.

Last years 'Winter' sale was an inventory reduction sale. It was only based on in stock merchandise. It does not sound like another sale is coming but who knows.

I am sure Dan has read the chatter both here and PC about this sale but has confirmed either way.

Ok.. I wasnt sure what the sale was... I formerly used AL products and when I got frustrated with their software crashing every 5 minutes.. then seeing a friend sequence on LOR-II.. that sale came along about the same time and I got in.. I thought maybe it was an annual event.. .the mere fact I was getting controllers at 1/2 the Price AL charged me for them was intruiging enough in and of itself to make the switch...

now if I can just stay in town this coming christmas season i can use all the stuff I got last year and plan to add for 09... hehe
-Christopher

I emailed Dan about this and this was his reply:

Hi Tyler, We will have a sale this year. Perhaps one in Feb and for sure one in early summer. Best regards, Dan Light O Rama, Inc.

I love how honest he is. He could have tricked me and I would have bought the controller now for full price.

-tyler

tyler9613 wrote:

Hi Tyler, We will have a sale this year. Perhaps one in Feb and for sure one in early summer. Best regards, Dan Light O Rama, Inc.

I love how honest he is. He could have tricked me and I would have bought the controller now for full price.

-tyler

You still might. The item you want might not be in the sale.

garyfunk wrote:

tyler9613 wrote:

-tyler

You still might. The item you want might not be in the sale.

During the summer sale every controler (AC or DC), kit, adapter ... is on sale. The only significant thing that will not be on sale is the software.

Dan

the software is the BEST part of the LOR system - such a Joy to sequence on compared to the AL software i used to use
-Christopher

eldoradoboy wrote:

the software is the BEST part of the LOR system - such a Joy to sequence on compared to the AL software i used to use
-Christopher

Yes. I should buy one or two more copies just to have spares.

garyfunk wrote:

eldoradoboy wrote:
-Christopher

Yes. I should buy one or two more copies just to have spares.

WOW.... I like the way this thread is going;)

Dan

how do I know if I have my license? I bought a license in one of the sales last year but never got any notification of license number or if im registered or such?
-Christopher

The reasons for buying LOR (for me) mainly circle around Dan and his customer-friendly policies, combined with excellent products and excellent support. Dan is honest and someone I WANT to do business with.

taybrynn wrote:

The reasons for buying LOR (for me) mainly circle around Dan and his customer-friendly policies, combined with excellent products and excellent support. Dan is honest and someone I WANT to do business with.

And I want him to adopt me. :)

taybrynn wrote:

You are completely right and that is what I was trying to say in my post about how he could have ripped me off, but he chose not to because of his honesty.

Tyler:P

tyler9613 wrote:

taybrynn wrote:
You are completely right and that is what I was trying to say in my post about how he could have ripped me off, but he chose not to because of his honesty.

My only problem with that is that you cnosider it 'ripping you off' when you pay non-sale price. Geez, should I feel ripped off that I paid the normal price for the units I own?

garyfunk wrote:

tyler9613 wrote:
taybrynn wrote:

My only problem with that is that you cnosider it 'ripping you off' when you pay non-sale price. Geez, should I feel ripped off that I paid the normal price for the units I own?
That's not what I meant. I meant that he could have made me pay full price when there was going to be a sale. But he chose not to. I think that the controllers are a very fair price, even without a sale. They beat animated lighting by a landslide. I guess if you need instant gratification, paying the full price is worth it. But now that I know I can wait, I will.

Tyler

I never consider it being ripped off to pay full price for something.. esp when its an advertised price and not an item considered neogtiable.. however my main reason for starting this thread was because I am curious about feb. sale like there was last year... if there is no sale will I still add to my collection of controllers? sure I will.. but im like anyone else if I can get it on sale I will..

seeing as how in 2007 my work schedule nearly prevented me from running a light show but I pulled it off.. and in 2008 my work schedule did prevent me from run ning al ight show im looking at putting all the parts,m sequences, designs etc together Now.. as the second half of 2009 is already shaping up to be very busy.. and so I best have my light show ready to hang by end of may or its not going to happen ..as come november it will be a week at most to instal and test and no time to sequence anything... so yes im starting early and asking abut sales early so I can get crackin...
but im not feeling ripped off if I end up paying full price for my equipment...

-Christopher

Jeff Millard wrote:

garyfunk wrote:
And I want him to adopt me. :)
My brother! :)

from another mother!

@tyler: I understand what you mean. For me, I know I need at least 5 more before Christmas. If the sale comes before July, I'll get what I can. Then later this year, I add more units as I can. The units are priced pretty low as they are, though I'd love to seem them lower.

eldoradoboy wrote:

I never consider it being ripped off to pay full price for something.. esp when its an advertised price and not an item considered neogtiable.. however my main reason for starting this thread was because I am curious about feb. sale like there was last year... if there is no sale will I still add to my collection of controllers? sure I will.. but im like anyone else if I can get it on sale I will..

seeing as how in 2007 my work schedule nearly prevented me from running a light show but I pulled it off.. and in 2008 my work schedule did prevent me from run ning al ight show im looking at putting all the parts,m sequences, designs etc together Now.. as the second half of 2009 is already shaping up to be very busy.. and so I best have my light show ready to hang by end of may or its not going to happen ..as come november it will be a week at most to instal and test and no time to sequence anything... so yes im starting early and asking abut sales early so I can get crackin...
but im not feeling ripped off if I end up paying full price for my equipment...

-Christopher

I don't consider paying full price being ripped off either. I just meant that I would have felt ripped off if someone would have lied to me. I know that Dan would never do that, I am very happy that I will eventually use light-o-rama. I am by no extent saying that Light-O-Rama's prices are too expensive. Heck, I could get 2 CTB16PC boards with an enclosure on each for about the price of 1 Animated lighting controller that is mostly comparable (AL has 40 amps, LOR has 30, no big deal, considering that with 2 boards you have 60 amps.)

Thanks,

Tyler

Which sale is cheaper? February or the summer sale?

I want to buy more PC units.

And yes, I do love Dan's customer service. He is by far the best to deal with out there! He shows the Aloha spirit without even being in Hawaii!

Much mahalos,

Stan

stanward wrote:

Which sale is cheaper? February or the summer sale?

I want to buy more PC units.

And yes, I do love Dan's customer service. He is by far the best to deal with out there! He shows the Aloha spirit without even being in Hawaii!

Much mahalos,

Stan

Last year the Feb sale had slightly lower prices (a buck or two) as compared to the Summer Sale. The intention of the Feb sale is to clear out product prior to the end of the business year. To that end, it has limited quantities on a limited selection and no rain checks.

Last year, because of the limited quantities, we did not send out an email announcement and that caused a number of complaints. We did not announce the sale because we understood that if we did send out an email announcement, we would be sold out in minutes (if the website survived the traffic!) and we would have a larger number of unhappy folks.

I am not sure what we will do this year, (email or not)... but we will keep the forums up to date as to sale dates.

The Summer Sale has unlimited quantities.

Dan

the website barely survived the traffic.. i remember having to submit my order a few times before it actually took, and each time I submitted i saw the inventory of controllers going down and down quickly.... was glad my final click made it through...
-Christopher