Light-O-Rama Forums

Where are the Contest Rules and Submissions?

BryanLeggo

Bryan:
GO buy some lights !!
Check Walmart first, although I will say that LED's are very tough to find now.
I've been buying regular 100 minis in red, green, and clear by the case and trying to buy equal numbers. Pretty much cleaned out what I could here in the Appleton, Green Bay area. Some stores have lots of Clear, some have a case of red, but Greens? I have them all except for a stray loose box here or there. Maybe your area is different. Have to laugh though.... we have a Fleet Farm in the area, there main warehouse is actually here in Appleton. A mini 100 set is still $2.20 from normal $2.87. C6 Led are $4.90 from original $7.99 and they look like the season is just started with their stock. I asked yesterday if they where ever going to drop to at least 50% if not 75% and got the "I have no idea" from the manager. " That comes down from corporate" He said they'll have them out until month end so I'm checking the 30th. My guess is with them at least what isn't sold get skidded up and stored to next season. Target on the other hand...dumpstered everything last Wed. Manager said it would be impossible to dig for them as all of there dumpsters are the closed compactor types. He said they probably tossed a dozen case of red, greens, and clears. GRRRRRRR!!!! Went to 90% on Monday for 2 days and what didn't sell went in the can. I asked why they couldn't go 90% for the weekend prior, I would have cleaned them out!! Idiots;o) With the snow we have around here the yard and patio furniture they are setting up is going nowhere until May.

Lenny

LENNY RUEL wrote:

Bryan:
GO buy some lights !!
Check Walmart first, although I will say that LED's are very tough to find now.
I've been buying regular 100 minis in red, green, and clear by the case and trying to buy equal numbers. Pretty much cleaned out what I could here in the Appleton, Green Bay area. Some stores have lots of Clear, some have a case of red, but Greens? I have them all except for a stray loose box here or there. Maybe your area is different. Have to laugh though.... we have a Fleet Farm in the area, there main warehouse is actually here in Appleton. A mini 100 set is still $2.20 from normal $2.87. C6 Led are $4.90 from original $7.99 and they look like the season is just started with their stock. I asked yesterday if they where ever going to drop to at least 50% if not 75% and got the "I have no idea" from the manager. " That comes down from corporate" He said they'll have them out until month end so I'm checking the 30th. My guess is with them at least what isn't sold get skidded up and stored to next season. Target on the other hand...dumpstered everything last Wed. Manager said it would be impossible to dig for them as all of there dumpsters are the closed compactor types. He said they probably tossed a dozen case of red, greens, and clears. GRRRRRRR!!!! Went to 90% on Monday for 2 days and what didn't sell went in the can. I asked why they couldn't go 90% for the weekend prior, I would have cleaned them out!! Idiots;o) With the snow we have around here the yard and patio furniture they are setting up is going nowhere until May.

Lenny

To follow up, you can also find lights at many of the hobby shops like Hobby Lobby or Michaels.

If you are going to the Planet Christmas PLUS, you will find great deals on pre-orders for lights there.