Light-O-Rama Forums

First Year Videos and Award

mcorbo

My first year with LOR and first decorating the house in quite a few years. 2 16 channel controllers and about 4000 lights all in red and white.

http://www.youtube.com/bdfan2

I got a letter in the mail yesterday from our town, telling me that I won the Annual House Decorating Contest for Best Display!

• 3 weeks later...

NWSanta wrote:

Congratulations! Nice display. Love how definitive your lights are, very crisp!

-Evan

There's one hyphenated word responsible for that

Wind-o-lights!

mcorbo wrote:

My first year with LOR and first decorating the house in quite a few years. 2 16 channel controllers and about 4000 lights all in red and white.

I got a letter in the mail yesterday from our town, telling me that I won the Annual House Decorating Contest for Best Display!

thats only 32 channels?

i'm confused and must be missing something here, I assume each window and tree are seperate channels, I count 13 windows 4 top level 3 middle and 6 bottom and 6 trees a channel each and then theres the arches above the bottom level windows, i assume the arches are 1 channel for both arches in one colour i count all the above as 24 channels....wouldn't this double for the 2nd colour being red? I am yet to do my first display having just ordered 3 boards and starter pack and have sequenced for 32 chanel show but looks nowhere as good as yours......

Robbo wrote:

mcorbo wrote:

thats only 32 channels?

i'm confused and must be missing something here, I assume each window and tree are seperate channels, I count 13 windows 4 top level 3 middle and 6 bottom and 6 trees a channel each and then theres the arches above the bottom level windows, i assume the arches are 1 channel for both arches in one colour i count all the above as 24 channels....wouldn't this double for the 2nd colour being red? I am yet to do my first display having just ordered 3 boards and starter pack and have sequenced for 32 chanel show but looks nowhere as good as yours......

The trick here is, only the bottom 6 windows have 2 channels (red and white, 12 channels), the other 7 windows are only white (7 channels). Both arches are on 1 channel only (red). the 6 trees, 12 channels, red & white. Comes to 32 channels. Next year, each item will have red and white, 2 channels each, each side of the arch will have 2 channels, so far, up to 42 channels. I will be adding 4 more trees, that brings me up 50 channels. Plus another color (green) on all 10 trees, 60 channels, with 4 more to spare. I need to put the spots, wreath and the north pole on a channel to dim the during the shows.

No one really notices that the upper windows are only white, but it bothers me A LOT!

okay kewl thanks for that. I have been told that because i have done 32 channel sequences i might want to think again as it would be a nightmare heaven forbid i blow a channel, at least if you have spares you can remap a channel if you manage to blow one rather than risk not having a channel which could ruin your whole show, so it seems you have been lucky with your 32 however having the 4 spare now with your 60/64 may be a blessing if ya ever need to remap a channel.

Once I was told this i changed my order to get 3 boards 48 channels now i have 16 spare LOL but will most likely use up 10 of them so now I am wondering where and what to put on 10 more channels.

so far I have gable split into 2, 2 channels, left outside of house and right outside, another 2 channels, 4 panel windows with rope light for inside and another channel the outside and motifs for each panel on 2 sets of windows making up 12 channels, a merry christmas sign 1 channel, a star 1 channel and a santa on roof another channel then i have 6 mini trees with 2 colours each another 12 channels then candy canes 1 channel, adding up to 32 channels, now thinking i might add more mini trees, then next year maybe add another board or 2 and introduce some arches over driveway

• The topic was locked