Light-O-Rama Forums

YouTube blocking videos

bauera2

Well I just uploaded 5 video's to you tube and the only reference I made to the song title was a partial bit of the song like gettin in the mood ytube.wma and guess what, I didn't even get to preview any of them and they blocked 4 out of 5 of them. What p oed me the most was I already had them up there for a couple of days and notice a spelling mistake on my start up title of each one for my website. I had .con instead of .com. So I guess it looks like someone else will get my other 4 chances for the contest.

Wayne :(

Interestingly, I just had a video blocked also. It was a video I posted in 06 of Jingle bells. The same song also is in two or three of my other videos including an 08 update of the same song, but none of them have been pulled.

I just deleted the blocked one and lost it's 5000 or so views. This year's looks better anyway. We'll see how long it lasts.

Ok next time they block one of your songs just send them this. A friend gave this to me when they removed mine on a complaint. I sent them this letter and withing 10 minutes it was back on.

A guy wrote BMI and asked them if he needed a license to use the songs. Here was the reply.

"No, a BMI performance agreement would not be required.

BMI does not have a license in place for this type of music use.

Thank you for your interest in BMI."

Robert F Nieves
Marketing Administrator
BMI
10 Music Square East
Nashville, TN 37203
genlic@bmi.com

Ok, I have been on you tube looking for the e-mail to send them the above info and I am not comming up with any where to send an e-mail to. Can anyone advise of the e-mail address or where to go to send them a response. I did send 1 e-mail and got an automated response about it not being the proper form or info.

Thanks

Wayne

Not sure how you do it if you had an upload blocked. However, if you had one removed go to your account, your videos, find the video that was removed and you will see a contest link. Click on that and then fill it in.

For blocking an upload I think there is a procedure but not sure how that one goes. If I have one blocked in an upload then I just think it is not worth it to me. I mean honestly just a bunch of lights when you get right down to it.

I had some blocked for the same reason. But one of them was retracted without even doing anything. I filed a dispute on 1 of them and will wait for the results.

My new descriptions will be Christmas with our grandchildren. I will have the light-o-Rama there and see what happens.

I think youtube is scarred for their own butt's and are doing a block through the titles. I have not removed them yet. The other option is to mute the audio or change the song. I found one from seather that would fit the situation. The song starts with f! The only reason I didn't do it is because my Mom looks at my videos there!

It's still a bunch of horse manure!

I thought it was bad enough that YouTube started blocking my TSO videos a few weeks ago, but now they are blocking my Bob Rivers videos from 2006 and 2007 too. Also it appears that they have removed the ability to contest the ruling...

LightORamaDan wrote:

With the way YouTube is now going we will have to do something different next year However I would guess that if you do not mention anything about the song or that there is a song then you may sneak it in.

My Manheim Steamroller and Linus and Lucy were pulled with no mention of them in the descriptions or file names. INSTANTANEOUSLY!!!!

I even tried to change the format of the video,the length, re-encoding it to a diferent type, and reproduce it and still was rejected!

pretty sweet

• 3 months later...

Hey, sorry to dig up an old thread but I've been beating my head against the wall with this issue too. I get the disabled sound and the email saying my video may contain copyrighted material...but that's better then what happened first time around; they just deleted it straight away. All these video hosting sites are following suit so I would imagine it will be quite hard for us to find a place to share our hard work with the world here soon :) I've just about given up. My next solution is to get my own web domain, pay for my own bandwidth, and host the videos myself. I have all the software to encode into a web friendly format etc. and then I have full control over it and no one can delete it but me.

This is annoying though, it's just us expressing our creativity...it's not like we're making a single cent here. Oh well *shrugs*