• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• taybrynn

• friskybri

• Surfing4Dough

• WayneKremer

You know, I can't say right now.

In the past, the each group buy is typically for a single unit with a single configuration.

I think that minially, it will be for an EDM LCD which is RDS capable (w/ RDS socket that you can add your own RDS chip and cable to , if/when wanted) ... or it will be for a unit with chip and cable included.

EDM is still deciding whether they will actually offer the chips and cables, or just the transmitter that can be easily upgraded.

If they offer it both ways, then we might have a group buy for each type, but would probably not mix them into a single group buy.

I hope that makes sense ...

Scott

Scott,

Would you forward the possibility of someone picking up the returned units that are not RDS capable. I really not interested in the RDS feature. Just want a good sound proven transmitter.

Thanks

Max

Sure thing.

You can still buy the EDM LED or LCD (right now) without RDS on it.

The problem is that they aren't doing group buys on them, but they
are still a good value when compared to the competition (in my opinion) and offer excellent sound (the best?) and range (similar to Ramsey).

• 2 months later...

Anyone have information when the next group buy will happen? I am getting ready for a 4th of July show and would like to have the radio transmitter ready to go.

Pretty much I need to order now. I have looked at all the other transmitters out there and from everything I have read the EDM transmitter seems to have the best feed back of all of the relatively inexpensive transmitters.

So I have decided to purchase the EDM-TX-110EP 10 / 100mW PCB transmitter. I live in the styxs and it is hilly here. I like having the option to amp up the transmitter if needed. I doubt I would need to but the cost difference is only $13 more.

I too am interested in a group buy for an EDM. First year using LOR, and wanting to upgrade from a modified Belkin Tunecast II FM transmitter. Thanks!

A relative of mine is also looking for a transmitter with RDS... for a different purpose than Christmas displays. She needs it by Nov 1. I'm watching this thread to see if this brand will be available and what the cost will be.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know how long it takes for the EDM orders to ship. I purchased a unit May 31. I have yet to see it. The web site says 10 - 12 business days which it has now passed 12 business days and I have yet to see my unit.

I emailed the company about tracking the shipment but the only shipping option offered was standard shipping which does not include the ability to track your order.

• 3 weeks later...

toddmoon did you get your edm yet? taybrynn any new info on the RDS group sale. Times a ticking, next thing we will know its November. Figure after months of them having it on their website saying coming soon they would get them done.

This is what the website says as of today;

We get daily requests as to the release date of this RDS unit. We are just waiting for the enclosures to be delivered from the factory. This is the only thing holding us up. We expect to start taking orders in July-09. The "P" version can be ordered via special order before official release date. Contact us for details

If you want the version without the enclosure, it sounds like it can be ordered, although without the enclosure or group buy.

I did receive my unit. It is not the model with the RDS. It is a awesome little unit.

The only problem I have had with it is the antenna wire location makes a big difference on how your signal broadcast. I have been using the unit for a 4th of july show. This has been a great test run and I have learned alot from this little show.

Halloween is my next big project. I have something new as well for this halloween.

• 4 weeks later...

I checked out the EDM site today and it appears that the RDS model (EDM-LCD-RDS-EP) is now available to be purchased (add-to-cart button no longer blocked). $235 shipped to the US. Hopefully a group buy will be happening in the near future--add me to the list since I may be interested.

I see they are available also. I cant wait to the group buy. Lets get this thing rolling. I have bee waiting all year. I got to the paypal page but if I can save 22 dollars on the sale then lets go. This is the last major purchase I have left. Want a few months to try it out before the show. I am like an excited child going to chucky chesse. GROUP BUY GROUP BUY GROUP BUY GROUP BUY

Surfing4Dough wrote:

I checked out the EDM site today and it appears that the RDS model (EDM-LCD-RDS-EP) is now available to be purchased (add-to-cart button no longer blocked). $235 shipped to the US. Hopefully a group buy will be happening in the near future--add me to the list since I may be interested.

Would you mind posting a link to this information? I'm wondering if I'm going to the correct web site. If so, it's got to be one of the worst web sites I ever saw. The page I got from Google is a one page site with no menu and the main page is a mile long. ;-)

Richard Hamilton wrote:

Surfing4Dough wrote:

Would you mind posting a link to this information? I'm wondering if I'm going to the correct web site. If so, it's got to be one of the worst web sites I ever saw. The page I got from Google is a one page site with no menu and the main page is a mile long. ;-)

Well then you where at the right web site. Worse I have ever seen. The menu is just below the LCD screen the way I remember it. About 2/3 way down when at the top of the page. Just got to look for it. I remember the first time I was there. Left disapointed that was it so I thought.

Max

Richard Hamilton wrote:

Surfing4Dough wrote:

The page for product ordering is www.edmdesign.com/orders.html

On their main page, their menu is a pop-up type menu that appears when you hover over the lime green box containing their name "EDM Electronics" right at the top of the page.

Yes when is there going to be a group buy. My name is in on it whenever there is one and time is running out.

Thomas

I keep checking everyday. I am excited. Anyone think that the RDS will take away from the sound quality of the EDM product. I am going for the RDS just to have don't know if I will use it but for 20 more why not.

• 2 weeks later...

friskybri wrote:

Anyone think that the RDS will take away from the sound quality of the EDM product.

I read on the EDM Group on yahoo where there will be some decrease in range because of the RDS. However, I think that if you use a better antenna setup than the wire that comes with the unit you can overcome this.

Chuck