• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• taybrynn

• friskybri

• Surfing4Dough

• WayneKremer

Mine worked flawlessly the first season and I might be interested in a backup (assuming I still have a job, rumor abounds that the end of January will be bloody). But as I recall there was a limit of 2 per person so I wouldn't want to blow my only other chance unless there was a sufficiently advanced new model involved. Is the 2 per person per buy, per year, per model or lifetime?

Robin, the only part you have to solder is the power connector. There is an IC you have to insert into a socket, a switch to change the output level. I dont have the manual here, but I think there is also a variable pot for output adjustment. I really have enjoyed the transmitter, only thing that I can really say about it is that it works Great!

Robin wrote:

I am interested.

How much soldering do you have to do on this and is there a power switch to adjust the power output?

It took me about five minutes from the time I opened the box and have it tramsmitting.

Ok, well some good news, some bad news.

For the bad news:

no EDM group buys for awhile ... probably not till the RDS-capable models come out

For the good news:

EDM is considering the possibility of allowing folks with a non-RDS EDM LCD to upgrade to RDS capable model somehow. This is under consideration.

They are shooting for < $200 for the RDS capable LCD model.

There will likely be a group buy on the RDS capable EDM LCD after they become available. Probably not for 3-4 months or more. I really am just guessing on when they will be available.

I have asked about possibly having an EDM LED (not LCD) group buy ... since they will be selling them out and discontinuing them. The LED model is Ramsey FM25B comparable ... and would be a budget buy.

Scott

Radio Data Service.

That encoded data that on suitably equipped radios can display the station ID, artist, title, or other data that the transmitting station wants to send..

The latest LOR update to S2 software supports RDS. So imagine being able to send the name of the currently playing song to viewer, while they listen. It requires an RDS capable stereo, which most newer cars have. THere is usually a slight degradation in sound quality, when RDS is added.

Scott,

I am interested in the EDM LED model. I have used the whole house transmitter for 2 years and I need to upgrade. The WHT has a lot of static at 50 feet. I replaced the antenna with a longer wire which helped a little.

Anyway, please let me know, thanks.

Craig

Please let me know if they get the exchange process worked out. I purchased two of the EDM LCD's as part of the group buy. Both have been assembled and tested, but I would really like to have at least one with the RDS feature. I used one for Christmas last year and the other is a back-up.

EDM is considering the possibility of allowing folks with a non-RDS EDM LCD to upgrade to RDS capable model somehow. This is under consideration.

Folks, I'm listening ...

I just don't have anything new to add right now. I will use this thread to keep track of who's interested. PM me if you later decide your NOT interested.

I suspect EDM will provide an upgrade option for existing owners and I think they will hold off on any group buys till after the new model is into production, which will likely be 2-3 months away still.

Regards,
Scott / taybrynn