Light-O-Rama Forums

DUELING BANJOS 2008

Robin

Well as you may have guessed I am going to crank out the videos now. Why? Because I give up on this darn splicing crap. From now on shoot it one time, load it up and add the audio. This one is a little more difficult since the mini trees are spread out over 150 feet and for some reason when people here see you with a video camera they consider it their duty to come up and talk and talk and talk. BANG! Hit them with a stupid stick. I almost left the raw video on this one just so you could hear the same guy ask me three times in 30 seconds what the radio station number was when the sign was about 40 feet away!

Oh well here's nothing.

Looks good.

I agree with the "hit them with the stupid stick" comment. I had my first chance last week to try and get some video of my display and had a guy walk up and look into the camera and ask me if I was taking pictures!

I wanted to say "No, I'm from the government and we're checking for light pollution", but I just reached over and clicked the off button and said "Not anymore".

He just looked funny at me and then turned around and stood in front of the camera for a minute before he went back to his car.

Wouldn't you know it started to rain about a minute after he got back in his car, so that shot that chance. It has either rained or snowed every night since I started up so I have only gotten a few still pictures of the display. Freezing rain and foggy today, so probably tonight will be another wash for anything.

At least when the weather gets better (probably around March at this rate) I should get some nice "southern display" looking video and pictures with the grass :shock:.

I think you need more mini trees out there. Just out of curiosity, how many of them do you have out there? They certainly look great and give you some really nice chase work for sequencing too.

Bill

There are 68 mini trees, then at each end there is an 8' , 6' and 4 '

I use to change up the design but people like it so much this way just decided to leave it. Nice thing is it acts as a barrier to keep people out of the display.

• The topic was locked