Light-O-Rama Forums

2008 Video!

LightsByGreg

Hey Guys, I got a little behind this year but I was able to get a video up yesterday. A better video along with pictures will be coming in the next few weeks.

My new element this year is a tree that is different from the typical mega tree and even the MikeZ tree. It will appear near the end of the show.

Enjoy and Merry (Belated) Christmas!

http://paradisechristmas.com/Christmas2008.aspx

Greg

Awesome, that's beautiful! I like the use of the floodlights on the house. I also really liked your tree at the end. it's no secret that the typical mega tree is starting to show its age. So it's nice to see someone do something completely different and unique. The whole display has this magic fairytale feel to it and I just love it! Nice work indeed.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys - just wanted to say that if you visit the link above, the better video I promised is up. If you would like to download the music and the LOR files, scroll down on the same page and you can get them there (I use LOR 2.1.6 so it would be safe to upgrade first if needed - I did use the new "twinkle fade" in one instance).

The music comes from the defunct show LuminAria at Disney's California Adventure park. This was basically THE IllumiNations for the Christmas season. Unfortunately, smoke was a major issue with hotels being so close, so they had to cancel it after its first season (2001). The "Aria" was sung by Kelley Coffey and I am unsure of the composer. You can find out more about this show here.

It is really worth watching Disney's show here. The music is a little different, as the designers constantly revised the show during the season to try and cut down on the smoke. Also, Disney never released the "Sleigh Ride" part that I want so badly.

I was planning on making a howto guide for the tree, but I think I will hold off for now as there are a few design flaws and things I would like to change. I want to have the new tree built for the Philly Mini. Also, the LEDs were constantly failing so I am going to see if I can get an exchange.

Thanks,
Greg

• The topic was locked