Light-O-Rama Forums

How do I get the Windows file dialog in LOR II

Richard Hamilton

I hope I am stupidly overlooking something simple here.
When I use the "File Open" command from the menu, I see a new custom dialog that LOR II now has. It's a small dialog that does not maximize or resize. If it did allow resize, I would probably like it better. I like the standard Windows common dialog. Is there any way I can go back to using that? I have the checkbox selected to "Don't show this screen when Light O Rama starts", but it isn't working on my system.

Also, it seems that the "Recent File List" is missing under the FILE menu and I used that a lot.

Loosing the recent file list will be a major issue for me.. I create sequentially versioned files every time I make a major update, or change to my sequence files. As a result of that and the automatic backup files, I have about 420 files in my lor sequences folder.. I wind up using the recent file list more often than open...

Loosing the recent file list will be a major issue for me.

The recent file list is still available; it's just not in the same place. Click on the "Recent" tab of the New/Open dialog.

Or, to get to it directly (i.e. to start the New/Open dialog so that it initially has the "Recent" tab selected), do a "File" / "Open Recent File".