Light-O-Rama Forums

Pre-Sequenced Shows Available Later This Year

Guest guest

Paul,

We are cool. I just wanted to point out that you don't actually have to synch to music. There are many of us on here that don't synch to music but the prevailing attitude is you HAVE to synch in order for a display to be good or even great.

Jeff

Jeff_Womack wrote:

There are several people on here that truely understand sequencing

You are so right. That being said, maybe those of you with experience could share some of your pointers and secrets of success. Perhaps a list of 10 or 20 guidelines or basic common-sence rules to follow. Of coarse we all want our own unique show. I know I don't want my display to look like yours and visa-versa. But I think a list of suggestions is a good idea for those starting out.

Hello Jeff & LightAction,

I would like to ask if you could fill in your locations of where you're from in your profile. It's nice to know where PC members are from.

One tip that people over look. SAVE YOUR WORK every hour you work on it. Power loss or computer freeze up is frustrating if your work isn't saved.

Also, back up your sequences & music to a memory stick, CD, floppy or another computer.

I use a memory stick and transfer from the home computer to work computer and still save all my work to the home computer. That way I have 2 sources that I can refer to if something happens.

If it's electronic, it's going to fail one of these days.

Hope this helps.

Tom

Ok. Just placed my order. Wanted to wait until Friday to place my order from work, but then I realized that it's going to look like a ghost-town around here, and I'll probably be skipping out of work early tomorrow anyways, and I'd probably forget.

I decided to go with my original Option #1

My Option #1 for $580 + shipping -- 16 Channels -- "Show in a Box"

• LOR1602 w/Show Director & MP3 Player -- $500 on sale
  • SPK-ST Generic Starter Package Software (purchased separately) for $80

Turns out I forgot to calculate the SAVE10 promo code. Total bill + shipping was only $541. Now all I need to do is get the Ramsey FM25b off of ebay.

I decided to walk-crawl-run. Start out small with 16 channels. Then next year, if I still enjoy doing this (which I am sure I will), buy another 16-channel package during the April/May sale, for a total of 32 channels. The following year, buy another 16 channels, and so on...and so on...and so on.

Can't wait to play with my new toy!

Take care!

Paul

LightORamaJohn wrote:
Paul,

Dan -- how is the Pre-sequenced shows going to work? Fee per download? Fee per channel?

We're negotiating for "name brand" songs by various artists. We intend to sell this two ways. 1) downloadable 16/32/48 channel sequences w/MP3 & setup manual for people to integrate into their shows using their PCs or DC-MP3 units. 2) Fully formed shows on SD cards (multiple animation & musical sequences) w/setup manual for people who don't want to fuss with a PC at all (commercial.)

We want to charge a fixed fee per sequence set with MP3 & manual. For the formed show, it will be the same fee plus a fee for the SD card and to put it together. For the first case our current thinking is $20. The SD card case requires manual work, we haven't come up with a pricing model yet.

John

So, lets say I want to do Trans-Siberian Orchestra's "Christmas Eve Sarajevo" (also known as 'Carol of the Bells'), it would be $20 for that sequence + song? Or is it $20 for an entire show?

Say, for example, I want to incorporate these songs into a show.

1. Wizards in Winter by TSO (short for "Trans-Siberian Orchestra")
  2. A Mad Russian's Christmas by TSO
  3. Christmas Eve Sarajevo by TSO
  4. Queen of Winter's Night by TSO

Let's say I have 16 channels

So, what's the company's line of thinking on pricing on this?

1. $80 (4 songs @ $20 each), or
  2. $20 for all 4 songs.

May I suggest...

1. $10 per set of 8 channels ($10 for 8 channels, $20 for 16, $30 for 32, $40 for 48, etc)
  2. Have a catalog of songs and artists at the ready

One thing that would need to be worked out is the logisitcs. How do you import the sequence? In other words, how do I make my already named channels ("Front Window Outline", "Left Driveway," "Right Driveway," etc.) import the new sequence.

This is our thinking: one "name brand" song with a small number of choreographed animation sequences would cost $20. You would get (not sure of number of channel choices yet) 16, 32 and 48 channel sequence files. The sequence files would be set up for one 16-channel controller (unit 01), two 32 channel controllers(units 01 & 02), ... The manual would tell you what the channels do and make suggestions as to what you should plug into each channel. If someone wanted to integrate this with their existing setup, they would have to change the channel assignments (what physical unit/channel is affected by the first sequence file channel, ...) or cut and paste into their own grids.

The purposes of this product are to allow customers who want musical sequences to have them right out of the box and to allow customers to construct shows without having to spend time in the Sequence Editor. It makes LOR technology more accessible.

John

Please [suggestion] include dummy channels that contain the raw beat information, top notes, vocals, or other things to potentially sync to / play off of.

EDIT: Some of us would like all the fun of sequencing without all the crap of doing all the basic leg-work. :)

Well I have increased my channels and yes I use music. But what I plan on doing is using the ones I just purchased plus my old ones on the music side. Then purchase a few this fall and just set up some animation for different areas. Have them just turn on and stay on while one song is on. Then turn on another area and have them stay on. While the other channels follow the music.

For instance: I have a helicopter that has two small controllers for the wing rotor and the main rotor. When I turn it on everything will move. Then I can turn on the train and the wheels will turn and smoke will move. Same for my seals, jack in the box, etc. All the while the mega trees, mini trees, snowflakes and such will be going with the music.

Point is I am going to try a few different things and if they work there will be lots of oohs and awhs. If they don't most normal people still will not know the difference.

jmccorm,

Please [suggestion] include dummy channels that contain the raw beat information, top notes, vocals, or other things to potentially sync to / play off of. EDIT: Some of us would like all the fun of sequencing without all the crap of doing all the basic leg-work.

This is a very good idea, in fact, we do this when we do our own. I will include this with the notes on pre-sequenced music. Thanks,

John