Light-O-Rama Forums

Shipping from sale

Guest guest

Tim,

If you ordered last night and didn't use SAVE10 then I would expect the initial early orders to probably be shipped today. They have always surprised people with the quickness with which they ship things.

Jeff

Yeah, I didn't use the SAVE10. I don't doubt their awesomeness at all, just trying to get a ballpark date. Getting antsy and ready to start playing with my new toys :D

timj wrote:

Dan, any idea on shipping times from sale orders last night?
Tim... Not sure yet. We will start shipping today but the order count was well into three figures when we came in this morning.

Oh, I think that's my order going on the truck now :-)

That was just my "want it fast" order ... my SAVE10 order won't be submitted until later this week.

Congrats Dan (and gang) ... you deserve all the success which is coming your way.

LightORama wrote:

_snip_ the order count was well into three figures when we came in this morning._unsnip_

Great news Dan! I hope you make enough $$$ to rival Bill Gates!!!

Thanks for being our favorite Vendor!

Jeff

LightORama wrote:

timj wrote:
Dan, any idea on shipping times from sale orders last night?
Tim... Not sure yet. We will start shipping today but the order count was well into three figures when we came in this morning.

WOW, Dan I am real glad that you have wonderful products for all of us enthusiasts. No one is making you do all this so I hope you and your family prosper from your wonderful bussiness.

Dan is there any chance when the sale is over people who signed up for the save10 would be notified where they are on the list. This may be difficult but I remember hearing that the save10 would be processed first come first serve and was curious if we would find out where we are or if we would just hear from you when our order was getting ready to be shipped.

Just wondered if anybody has had their order sent out yet? I ordered at 12:19 Monday morning and haven seen any action.

Just anxious to get my new toys!

jeffmill wrote:

I hope you make enough $$$ to rival Bill Gates!!!
I think that Bill Gates makes more money in the time it takes me to sneeze than I will make this year :). But LOR has grown significantly over the last three years so you never know! :D

Thanks for the offer. We are training a new person today to help out with shipping ( I know, should have done this earlier )...

Edit: To clarify.. "not a new hire, Kevin has been working here for a few months but Kevin has never shipped... We moved shipping from our NJ location to our NY location last week... We have two places in NY. One location that is a "clean" building where we have done final assembly and testing for the last year or two. The warehouse (and office space, and little metal shop) we moved into 3 months ago. It is now stocked and ready to do shipping and we did our first shipments from that location on Monday. BTW It has been determined that I am not qualified to drive the fork truck!

OK, I asked this in another thread that got hijacked, so I never heard any response, but can someone tell me if $20 shipping is the standard amount?

By my math my order should weigh less than a pound, so $20 shipping seems eBay-excessive.

softco wrote:

OK, I asked this in another thread that got hijacked, so I never heard any response, but can someone tell me if $20 shipping is the standard amount?

By my math my order should weigh less than a pound, so $20 shipping seems eBay-excessive.

We try not to have excessive shipping. We charge $3 over what UPS tells us the shipping is. The $3 pays for the box, packing, tape and time to do the shipping. If your order is really only 1 pound and you were charged $20 for ground shipping then something seems messed up.

Send an email to orders@lightorama.com and include the order number (or reply to the order confirmation email) and they will check out the shipping for you.

dan my question is this if i order one kit right now with second day air.

will i get it in time to see if i can do it on my own to order more with the save 10 before the sale ends? or to determine wether to buy the preasemmbled hobbyist boards

and dan by the way its only charging 3$ dollars for second day air on the controllers might want to check that just trying to make sure your not losing on shipping!

Your Order

Item
Cost

16 Channel Ki t - Deluxe (h igh-power hea tsinks)
$144.95

Subtotal :
$144.95

Shipping :
$3.00*

Total :
$147.95

* Includes Shipping & Handling Fees

thanks alot!

kingsislandtechservices wrote:

dan my question is this if i order one kit right now with second day air.

will i get it in time to see if i can do it on my own to order more with the save 10 before the sale ends? or to determine wether to buy the preasemmbled hobbyist boards

and dan by the way its only charging 3$ dollars for second day air on the controllers might want to check that just trying to make sure your not losing on shipping!

As most people have not noticed, every item has a 1-2 week availability set in the store. This was so people realized that we will not be able to ship things immediately.

We will not be able to get the kit to you in time to make the decision. But if you purchase a kit, then decide that it is not something you want to do, you can exchange it for an assembled CTB16D (at the sale price) so you only pay the difference in price. If you put in the comments of your order that you you want one of the kits sent first to make your decision then it will be easier and you will not have to send back the kit.

This offer goes for anyone that has an untouched kit and wants to exchange it for an assembled unit (pay only the difference in price).

and dan i want to pay for a fair amount for shipping when i placed my order it only charged me 3 dollars for 2nd day air i dont want the real amount to take from your end of the deal....thanks!