Light-O-Rama Forums

1/2 of one string of lights out

AnthonyB

I have two strings of lights plugged in to each other and on the first string only the first half are lighting up the second half are out and the secong string are just fine.

I replaced the fuses just in case and that didn't help. Also the strings are supposed to stay lit if one bulb goes out and I didn't see any burnt out the previous night.

Any ideas or do I need to replace the whole string?

Everything was working fine two nights ago and then just last night I noticed the one half not lighting up.

thank you

Hi I had the same problem on my mega tree, my fix was to check all the bulbs on the half that would not light up found some bulbs that were loose, pushed them back in lights came back on, the wind here as been awful.

Ben

The light keeper pro works great, just remember to disconnect the light string being worked from the light controller. The LKP sends out high voltage and you don't want the stray electrons fighting each other on the controller circuit board.

bisquit476 wrote:

The light keeper pro works great, just remember to disconnect the light string being worked from the light controller. The LKP sends out high voltage and you don't want the stray electrons fighting each other on the controller circuit board.

I have used the Light Keeper Pro for 2 years and it has saved me many hours of checking each bulb individually. 1/2 string of a 100 going out is pretty common with the amount of light strings most people have. I think it is well worth the money, but as mentioned be sure to unplug the light string from your controller!

I agree! it has saved me many hours of work! The other day my wife was at a friends house who was trying to fix the lights on her Christmas tree. My wife said hey wait a minute and ran home and fixed her problem in seconds!

Worth every penny! You can even but them at wal-mart or other fine retail stores near you.

Jim

lowes, home depot, menards were all out. Hobby lobby had them but they were $20. I guess they know they can charge 3 more because everyone else is out. But I got it anyway.

I wish I would have thought of this. This thing rocks. My neighbor was putting up icicle lights and I noticed that hew was in his garage for 2 hours. most of his lights didn't work. He had is knife out getting ready to cut his lights up. I brought over this thing and within 15 minutes we had all his lights up and working. He was so happy that his wife brought over a big batch of Christmas cookies. Talk about being the hero with this thing.

Your string of lights has a light bulb that won't light on one side. So you will have to send all your lights to Santas workshop at the north pole and he will fix them and bring them back to you.

Now where's that roast beast?

One more thing I have found after working on many light strings, if using the high current to restore the lights still does not work I have found that a bulb is either twisted in it's socket or the little wires on the bulb are to short either way the bulb is not making contact in the socket. At this point it is back to the one bulb at a time thing but even that's not so bad with the bulb pullers on the LKP.

Not back to the one bulb at a time. The LKP has a voltage sense feature that will sense the voltage in the wire and so you hold the top button and run along the wire. The unit will beep when voltage is present and when it does not beep there is the open. Note: might have to reverse the input plug to make it easier.

Chuck