Light-O-Rama Forums

Lights turning off during show

bsuter

I am running it on a desk top. I had to buy a new one because my old one wouldn't take the LOR2. Which is the reason I can't contact Dan. I don't have email right now. I bought this computer and just ran the lights on it. I haven't had time to get anything else set up on it.

I did do the intensity shuffle on each sequence I am using and it had no effect. I don't see that the type of computer is going to have be the ultimate reason I am seeing the problems. maybe it's something in the compuer communication or port drivers. But I have no way of nowing how it would.

Well I will be willing to bet you are right.

So here is a suggestion. Last year until we had a fix, I ran my show manually for four days. I did it in the sequence editor.

In the meantime you do know you can hit home on this forum and it will take you to website and then send and email from there. I mean honestly set up an email account. You had to be doing email from something.

Robin,

You're wonderful! I hadn't understood that the channel(s) I actually needed to change the intensity on were the channel(s) I had on for a long duration. I figured if this problem was a communication problem that sending any signal to any channel on any box in the system would fix it.

But your post clarified that for me and everything is working like a charm. AND this is good to know for future programing. This "quirk" should be explained in the guide to using LOR.

I found the problem, I think. It was the 99% issue. The reason it didn't work was because of the big lump behind the keyboard wasn't working right. I will tell everyone my secret if they promise not to publicly humiliate me. I lived throough the seventies, have one brain cell left and it is shaky.

It appears that the shows are stored separately from the sequences. When the show editor starts it must load the files independent of the sequences and holds them someplace else. I was changing the sequences and not reloading the show so the show was running the old sequences. Once I re-did the show everything started up and ran fine.

Thanks for all the help guys, I am turning off my computer now so no one can see how embarrassed I am

The Lump.