Light-O-Rama Forums

Controllers not working

SnappyTom

Hi all....Ok I got my new 48 channel from WOW today! Now the fun starts. In the hardware utility I Id the 3 controllers one at a time. they all worked in the test mode. I then connected them via cat5 cables. I refreshed and all were Identified. When I pluged a couple lights in each controller and played a sequence, only one controller would activate lights. I went into the sequence editor and checked the amout of controller and 16 was picked. Now there is not an option to enter 48. Any Ideas?

if i am understanding you correctly you have 3 16 channel boards correct?

in order for them to show up correctly each one has to have its own unique number

example

01-1 through 01-16

02-1 through 02-16

03-1 through 03-16

or

a1-1 through a1-16

a2-1 through a2-16

a3-1 through a3-16

everything is in 16 increments

so after your first board of 16 you start over again

i understand that you may have different names but when using the sequence editor

the way that you specify what is what is by your unit number, for example: see the picture

2-2.jpg'>pic

Oh Yes I spent 6 days on one sequence and each is assigned to the correct channel. Each work well in the while viewing in the animation.

SnappyTom wrote:

Ok looking at my sequence the first channel is Unit 1 circuit 1, second Unit 1 circuit 2 and so on.

but look beyond unit1 circuit 16 is the next one after that unit 2 circuit 1?

You can get a full listing if you have S2 as the software package to go to tools, channel property grid. This will even allow you to print it out. Much easier to configure additional channels here than one at a time.

Chuck