Light-O-Rama Forums

Soo.... Watcha gettin'?

Guest guest

For me, I'm thinking, 2 CTB16D's, 1 DIY kit, , I would love more kits, but maybe after I get the first one assembled. Maybe 1 or 2 more items the closer it gets and the more tired I get.

(Edited out the Easy Light Linker)

tkhowse wrote:

Probably a 30A 16 channel showtime controller plus the LOR starter package.

I've never worked with this equipment before...starting out small.

Ditto. Exact same for me!

Michael B

Well :) if I can convince my wife, I want to get two 1602's. Already have the program and two songs going. I need prove I NEED two boxes for this year. She balked when I said they were on sale for only $520. I said we are saving money--just like her shopping trips!:}

My purchase is boring compared to all of you. This is my first purchase so I'm going to get just the 1602w and the starter package. 16 channels will be good for now, get me a good start for the first year of doing this.

I started putting decorations up already, not outside, but in the room where I'm going to sequence. I have things that you would put in windows and nailed them to my wall. I'll number them so I can see that everything is working in the sequence.

I am EXCITED!:laughing:

musicman wrote:

My purchase is boring compared to all of you. This is my first purchase so I'm going to get just the 1602w and the starter package. 16 channels will be good for now, get me a good start for the first year of doing this.

That's not boring, it's a good place to start! It'll provide you with lots of fun and time conssuming work for a while.

Kenny Greer wrote:

musicman wrote:

That's not boring, it's a good place to start! It'll provide you with lots of fun and time conssuming work for a while.

16? Thats better then what I did last year! I had/have the 8 channel non-d version! I did ok. If I can do somthing that can wow neighbors with 8, you now have the power to top what I did twice over!

--Daniel L

I am new to this, and was wanted to ask about suggestions.

I was thinking about 1 1602, but wanted to see if others thought that was enough to get started, or if I should maybe purchase 2.

Thanks in advance for your help.

I would buy what you can afford. This is my first year with LOR, but I'm just going on a spending spree. I'll probbly say to myself later " Are you nuts " , and when I reply myself, it'll be " YUP ".

You can do a very nice display with one controller ... however, my advice would be to get two controllers if possible. Because once you begin designing your display and trying various things, I guarantee you'll wish you had "just a few more" channels.

Though, I wouldn't go beyond two controllers for your first year ... it can be too much, too soon. This is my third year with LOR and I keep adding a bit more each year and I think at this point I'm probably just about at the end of my LOR expansion. :-) If that's possible.

Good luck!

Is the Easy Light Linker new this year?

If not, how well does it work? Since my computer is upstairs in the back of the house, that may be a better purchase rather than getting 2 1602's to start this year.

Thanks again.