Light-O-Rama Forums

Mitchell's Magic Christmas

Brian Mitchell

Here is my favorite new sequence for this year. I wish the video did the sequence justice. Any timing issues are my poor video editing skills.

Wow Brian that looks awesome. I love the singing tree as well.

Hey would you want to adopt me:cool:. I have 10 LOR controllers and 12000 LEDs that I can bring along if that helps.

Seriously though, great job.

Bill

Brian Mitchell wrote:

Here is my favorite new sequence for this year. I wish the video did the sequence justice. Any timing issues are my poor video editing skills.

Hey Brian,

That's great! Love the song choice. Never ceases to amaze me where people find different Christmas music.

Question:
Where did dancing Santa come from? I've seen him before and think that's pretty trick!
Cheers
Evan

The Santa is borrowed (stolen) from Marty Slack. I built it from a picture on his website. He used the PC Santa as a model. About the only difference is mine doesn't have one finger pointing.

Brian Mitchell wrote:

The Santa is borrowed (stolen) from Marty Slack. I built it from a picture on his website. He used the PC Santa as a model. About the only difference is mine doesn't have one finger pointing.

You Made that too? Man is there nothing you can't make? That's awesome. I'll have to have sometime to build those things way,wayyyyyyyyy Down the road. Very Cool Mr. Mitchell, VERY Cool!

PS -- I'm already planning on stealing your Merry Christmas Sign idea. Watch for it in 09' :D

-Evan

Brian, what an amazing display! Really inspiring. I particularly love Bernard. It seems like he only uses 4 channels: 1) outline, top lip & bottom eyelids 2) eyes left and top eyelids 3) eyes right and top eyelids and 4) bottom lip. Is that right? If so it is a remarkably effective use of 4 channel!!!

It could easily be done with 5 but I used 7 channels. That lets me use the tree outline without the face in other sequences. Also lets me use any combination of face expression.

tree outline, eyes shut, eyes open, mouth shut, mouth open, look left, look right.

I thought of combining the eye shut and mouth shut, but in a couple places, I use just the mouth open for a bigger smile.

For such a simple design, he certainly has been popular.

Hey Brian, i definitely concur Great display and would you mind if i to borrow the merry Christmas sign idea, WOW very nicely done

I've never seen nothing like this before, so creative and you definitely won the heart of my little girl here, she's only 2 1/2 and I can't get her off the computer here..........she loves the singing christmas tree you made...........Good job my friend.......something like this is one of a kind and definitely deserves the attention you put in to it. LOL, there she goes again, she's dancing and giggling to the tree!!!!!!!!!! Good Job, wish we could see it person

Brian,

Really like the Jingle Bell song and sequence. I used 128 channels for my first display this year, 19 songs in the show.

Can you provide me some details on the mouth and eyes for the tree?

Also, would you consider sharing the sequence for Jingle Bells?

My post is in this section of the forum with the name "machtoo".

If you can share the sequence and info, my email address is dtaunton@nc.rr.com.

I will have my website up soon with my sequences for download.

Thanks,

Dean "machtoo"

• The topic was locked