Light-O-Rama Forums
Sign in to follow this  
George Simmons

Time to shine and sparkle

Hi All,

After almost a full year of planning, sequencing and fabricating, the finished product is ON! Actually, it's been running flawlessly since Thanksgiving (thanks for such a great product Dan) but I just got the files from the guy who shot the video and finally figured out how to post them. I've got them on two sites - Vimeo has fewer videos but better quality, while YouTube has all the videos I've gotten back from the videographer.

http://www.vimeo.com/2479346

The kids are eating it up, the adults park in the street for a half-hour or longer on most nights, and my mate thinks I'm a hero. Except for unlimited wealth (to buy more controllers, of course) it doesn't get any better...

George Simmons wrote:

The kids are eating it up, the adults park in the street for a half-hour or longer on most nights, and my mate thinks I'm a hero.

George

I can see why, that is an amazing show.

I love the face. What a great idea.

Linda

Display? What display? I couldn't stop watching that face! :)

That is awesome! Really different and very cool! :cool:

-Jeff

Very nicely done! Add me to the list of people who liked the face! Very creative!

Sally

Yeah! The face cracked me up on Queen of the Winter Night!

Well done.

Awesome. 49 seconds in on Queen of the winter night is my absolute favorite part!!!
Aamazing!!!
-Evan

Amazing. The bar keeps getting higher!

Love the face, great idea....And the rest of the display looks great too with the animated trees. Are you using LEDS?

Thanks all for your kind words. It's looking like that darn face will be the thing that people most remember this year. I knew it would be a hit with kids, but never guessed it would also be at the top of adults' lists. Go figure... But then, I don't mind seeing adults smile too.

Cenote - this year it's about 50/50 LED's vs. incandescents. From this point forward though, all the colored lights I use (except maybe for rope light) will be LED's. If I never again have to annually throw dozens of functional but badly faded set of mini lights away that will be fine with me. Due to price though, I'll continue to use incandescent clear minis for light-intensive things like arches and poles.

Again, thanks to all. Have a Merry and a Happy!