Light-O-Rama Forums

SECOND CONTROLLER CONFIG PROBLEMS

Guest guest

I have a problem with the second controller (16 Channel) configuring. The LED is solid and when you search the system two controllers come back, they are number 1 and 2. Number 1 sets with the controller options, however controller two does not respond. I have changed the cable. double checked the power and the fuses, rebooted. I still am unable to get the second controller to respond? Any help??? Controllers are less than a month old and this is my first try with LOR so what am I doing wrong??

Hi Meaker:

Did you try just connecting the second controller, by itself to the serial port, and then testing it out with the hardware controller?

If that works, connect both together again, (keeping track of which jack is input, and which is output on the controller cards).

Then have the hardware controller search and find both units. Once it does highlight the one you wish to test and repeat the test.

Does that work for you?

Greg

If I connect just the second controller, it discovers the controller, but still does not communicate with the controller when you send the config information. I even tried to update the firmware last night, thinking it might have been corupt, but the problem is still there?

That sounds like a serial communication port problem. (There is a chip on the cards that processes serial port information).

I would suggest you drop Dan Baldwin an email note directly. he responds quickly, and always is helpful!

You can get his email address from his profile on the old forum, and perhaps here too. I have not had the time to explore this new forum much yet.

Greg

Hi,

A couple of questions all related to the Hardware Utility:

First make sure to set max units to 10 or a number just above the largest Unit ID used.

When you Refresh you see the Unit show up in the list, Correct?

When you Configure you get an error message.

First what is your version of software? 1.4.0 cannot configure new controllers.

When you say configure you are doing something like adjusting MAX/MIN

Intensity?

Can you control the lights using the Hardware Utility?

You can contact Light-O-Rama at info@lightorama.com

1) SOFTWARE VERSION 1.5.0

2) MAX UNITS SET TO 10

3) No I can only control the first unit lights in the hardware utility.

4) Config I mean is when you download the information in the hardware utility to the unit (The one that states configure, download, test on the top) and lets you do triac, ssr and has selectors for the maximum and minimum intensity.

When I refresh the unit does show up on the list and is designated as unit 2

I did receive a couple of emails from you to (info and dan at lightorama)... and did respond but I will try and step through this here so others can see...

I was just curious if you were trying to set the Min/Max levels.

It is a bit strange that it will respond to the "Refresh" command but not to others. So One thing to try is to reset the card.

To reset it:

1. Power off, set unit id to "00", power on (led will blink fast)

2. Power off, set unit id back to "02"

Then try the hardware utility again.

Let us know the results

Hello Dan,

My name is Bill sawallisch Jr. and I read your email to meaker today regarding his LOR controller issues. I purchased two LOR1602 model 2's from Bob Martin and last year I purchased one LOR1602 model 1 from him. Here are a few issues I am having:

Problem 1.) New Model 2 controllers - I can test both units with Hardware Utility and find them on the refresh but when I start to download a sequence, it counts up to 1000 and then starts over and retry's. After four times it sends me the following message:

*Download has failed due to excessive errors. Check that the controller has good connections. It is best to have only one controller connected while downloading sequences.*

I have only one controller connected at all times and I changed data cables - I am new at this and last years directions I hardly understood. This year when I purchased the two new controllers, I never recived instructions with them at all. Please help I purchased these two units and I can not download a sequence at all.

Problem 2.) my existing controller model 1 - I can not change, download or access the controller at all. It is acting like it isn't even there. please forward any information, and I apologize if I am bothering you but I have no where else to turn. last year's program is in the system and running as we speak but I wanted to change it this year and have not been successful.

Thanks for you help,

Bill Sawallisch Jr.

First for the unit that is not responding ( the model 1 )... Are you using it for standalone .... If not then try the reset as described above in this topic.

Second what version of software do you have?

Not sure what version - tried to look it up. It is not printed on the cd.

I am using all three as standalone units. None of them are connected together.

Second - reset model 1 controller to wipe out memory? Then downlaod new sequence? I'm hesitant just in case I have a downlaod problem again or are model 1 & 2 different from each other?

Thanks, Bill